Article of the Week:
– “10 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Budget,” by The Daily Meal on Yahoo Shine.
Monday, October 17th:
– Fred Meyer’s 89th Anniversary sale is going on now until Saturday with some great deals such as organic pears and apples for just $.79 per pound, Tillamook 2lb cheese for $4.88, pineapple for $2, 40% off Seventh Generation products, 40% off Amy’s products and other sale pricing.
– It’s opening day! Live horse racing returns to Portland Meadows with a 12:00 post time for the first race. Free admission and free parking.
– Float On One Year Anniversary Party, 5:00pm – 9:00pm with live music, food and wine to celebrate one year of sensory deprivation.
– OMSI Science Pub at McMenamins Bagdad Theater begins at 7:00pm with the presentation “Brainstorm: Exploring the Genesis of Innovation.” Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult. $5 suggested donation.
Tuesday, October 18th:
– 4th annual Senior Day at the World Forestry Center, 9:00am – 2:00pm with $2 admission for all seniors 62 and older. There will be vendors, food tastings, bingo, a luau and more.
– Portland’s own super travel site BootsnAll has put together a nationwide event “Meet, Plan, Go!” for those of us that dream of taking a career break and traveling around the world…this is your opportunity to get inspired and meet others just like you. Cost is $15 at the door, 6:00pm start time at downtown Portland’s Ace Hotel.
– OMSI Science Pub at McMenamins Mission Theater presents “Out of the Night and Into the Light: The Secret World of Bats,” beginning at 7:00pm. Science Pub is open to ages 21+, or minor with adult. $5 suggested cover charge, no RSVP or tickets required.
Wednesday, October 19th:
– Smart Saving free lecture series “Dealing with Debt,” 6:30pm – 7:30pm at the Fairview-Columbia Public Library.
– Save Bristol Bay Road Show, 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater, free admission but please RSVP on the web site. From web site: “Join us for outdoor gear raffles, food, drinks, and a screening of the award-winning documentary, Red Gold, as you learn more from Alaskan fishermen about the fight to Save Bristol Bay.”
– Free lecture by Stacy Bannerman, author of “When the War Came Home: The Inside Story of Reservists and the Families They Leave Behind,” 6:00pm at the Ecotrust Building in the Pearl.
Thursday, October 20th:
– Community-Wide Disabilities Resource Fair features 50 exhibitors from agencies and organizations that support people with disabilities. No charge to families or individuals. 10:00am – 3:00pm at Village Baptist Church (Murray & Walker Road), in Beaverton.
– 3rd annual “Connecting Communities: Adaptable At Any Age,” 5:30pm – 7:30pm at the Doubletree Lloyd Center. Free event open to the public includes live music, art, displays, award ceremony, food and more.
– Third Thursday in Hillsdale with theme “Brew Ha Ha” features music, special deals and offers, tastings and more.