Weekend on the Cheap:
– 2011 Big Chill Portland Holiday Party at Grand Central Bowl, Friday starting at 9:00pm for music, fashion show, silent auction, photobooth, prize giveaways and more. Free admission.
– “Deck the Hall & All that Jazz,” a holiday revue performance by the Northwest Senior Theater, 2:00pm Friday and Saturday at Alpenrose Dairy Opera House. $5 suggested donation.
– Audubon Society of Portland Wild Arts Festival Saturday and Sunday at Montgomery Park features over 70 artists and 30 authors. Admission is just $6 (free for under 16); see web site for a special 2-for-1 coupon.
– City of Portland Fix-It Fair, Saturday 8:30am – 2:00pm at Ron Russell Middle School, with free admission designed to save you money and connect you to resources. Special workshops taught in Spanish are offered at the Ron Russell Fair. Free professional childcare and lunch is provided at all Fairs.
– Imago Dei Community presents the DIY Fair, Saturday 10:30am – 2:00pm for “great eats, live music, and an inspiring collection of DIY gift ideas.”
– WeVillage 2nd Anniversary Bash, Saturday 2:00pm – 5:00pm, free.
– Museum Family Saturdays at the Oregon Maritime Museum features free admission for up to two adults and two children, 11:00am – 4:00pm.
– Craftypalooza, a Beaverton Handmade Craft Fair, Saturday from 9:00am – 3:00pm across from the Beaverton Farmer’s Market on the corner of SW 3rd & Hall.
– Free class “Holiday Shopping on a Budget,” Saturday 4:00pm – 5:30pm at Kenton library.
– Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with the presentation “American Indian Symbols and Mask Making,” 1:30pm – 3:30pm at Woodstock library and a free performance “Native American Tales,” 3:00pm – 4:00pm at the Holgate library.
– Cascadia Composers presents Double Entendre, compositions by Art Resnick 8:00pm this Saturday at the Portland Community Center, free admission.
– PositionMax Beta, Saturday beginning 6:00pm at PLACE the gallery space on the third floor of the Pioneer Place Mall (Atrium Building). Free performance art.
– Thanksgiving walk at Oxbow Park, Sunday 10:30am – 12:30pm, free to participate ($5 vehicle entry fee).
– Bach Cantata Vespers (pdf) at St. James Church, Sunday beginning at 5:00pm, donation. From Facebook post: “The 2011-2012 Bach Cantata Vespers Season begins the Sunday November 20th at 5:00 pm. Les Green will sing Cantata 55, Bachâ€™s only cantata for solo tenor, joined by strings, flute, oboe, and organ and the St. James Bach Choir will sing a movement from Cantata 28. Please join us, and bring a friend.”