Weekend on the Cheap:
– Friday is Free Shipping Day with over 2,100 participating merchants offering free shipping with delivery by Christmas Eve in the contiguous United States.
– Friday is also Free Fry Day at Burger King, offering consumers an opportunity to try out their new French Fries. No purchase necessary. One free value size French fry per person, per visit.
– Write Around Portland Fall Reading and Anthology Release Party 6:30pm Friday at First United Methodist Church. Free for all ages, donations accepted.
– Peacock Lane’s last ‘Pedestrian-only’ night is Friday, 6:00pm – 11:00pm, free.
– The Stumptown Crawlers Santa Pub Crawl begins at McMenamins Mission Theater Saturday from 12:00pm – 1:30pm before moving on to other venues. Just down the road the SantaCanCrawl 2011 starts at 12:30pm at ‘The North Pole.’ See web sites for event details.
– 2011 Christmas Ships and Winter Solstice Bonfire at the Milwaukie Riverfront Park, Saturday 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Free.
– Prints for PICA Art Sale Saturday, 6:00pm – 9:00pm at Lux. Free admission, features over 100 artists.
– Make Music PDX in Concert, a benefit concert for music education at the Community Music Center, this Saturday at 7:00pm. $5 suggested donation.
– Handmade Northwest presents their Formal Holiday Artisans Fair 2011, Sunday 11:00am – 5:00pm at the Acadian Ballroom. Features over 60 artisans, live music and free goodie bags for the first 100 guests.
– 2nd annual Publication Fair with Publication Studio, Sunday 11:00am – 7:00pm at the Ace Hotel. Free and open to the public.
– Bach Cantata Vespers perform a holiday concert this Sunday, 5:00pm at Portland’s St. James Lutheran Church.
– Entertainment books are only $19.99 now through Sunday, December 18th. Includes free shipping, get a second of the same edition for $15. This is an affiliate link and any purchase you make helps support Portland on the Cheap, thanks!