Article of the Week:
“12 days of financial gift giving,” from Bankrate.com
Submission from Jo:
“Paul Schatz Furniture Fan Appreciation Sweepstakes – Enter to win a $1,000 Gift Card to Paul Schatz Furniture in Tigard, Oregon!
Paul Schatz Furniture is currently holding a Fan Appreciation Sweepstakes on Facebook. The Sweepstakes goes through Jan. 15. One (1) winner will be selected and the winner will receive a $1,000 gift card for Paul Schatz Furniture, good toward the purchase of any items at the store. Delivery is excluded. To enter and for more information, visit the Sweepstakes page here.”
Monday, December 19th:
– Sing-along Messiah at St. Mark Presbyterian Church beginning at 7:00pm. From web site: “The beauty of Handel’s Messiah shakes the rafters as we fill our sanctuary with an impromptu choir or singers and soloists. Musical scores provided or bring your own. A freewill offering will be taken to support SW Neighborhood House Food Program.”
Tuesday, December 20th:
– Lake Oswego Public Library’s Third Tuesday Author Series welcomes author Willy Vlautin, 7:00pm, free.
– Spoken Word: A Winter Wreath of Tales with Storyteller Anne Rutherford, 7:00pm at Hillsboro’s Walter’s Cultural Arts Center, free.
Wednesday, December 21st:
– The Old Church sack lunch concert features the JoySingers with Ed Eastman and Susan Triplet starting at 12:00 noon, free.
– Christmas Trains display at the Southminster Presbyterian Church, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, free.
– People’s Holiday Craft Fair and Farmers’ Market, 2:00pm – 7:00pm at People’s Food Co-Op, upstairs in the community room.
– PDX Vox performs at the St. Andrews Care Center, 7:00pm. No admission charge, but RSVP kindly requested at (503) 257-7946.
Thursday, December 22nd:
– Holiday Hooley at McMenamins Kennedy School gymnasium, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, free for all ages.
– Tonight is Portlandâ€™s HoliDate â€” enter a SmartPark Garage (locations listed here) between 4:00pm â€“ 6:00pm and park free all night until 11:59pm. There will be special events, performances and prices from 4:00pm â€“ 8:00pm at participating downtown businesses.