We’re on holiday until after the New Year, here are a few items to keep you busy with until then. Thanks for visiting, we’ll see ya in 2012!
– Northwest Portland Ministries annual Christmas dinner is today, 12:00pm – 2:00pm, free for the community. From web site: “Enjoy turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, cranberry sauce, rolls, desserts and live music! Receive a gift bag of practical items. Free flu shots are available for uninsured and low-income adults.”
– Aroundthesunblog has your listings of free activities and events for this weekend.
– Weekend events listing from Oregonlive includes Portland and Washington & Clackamas counties.
– Holiday Lights Display – The Hillsboro Argus will be listing residences in the Hillsboro area that are lit up for the holidays to such a degree that folks who appreciate that effort would like to take a drive to see. Pick up the newspaper for the address listings.
– Saturday Market: last two days for the Festival of the Last Minute!
– TravelZoo Local has a half-off deal for Portland Center Stage’s “A Christmas Story,” for performances until tomorrow.
– Restaurant.com has $25 gift certificates on sale for only $1, now through Saturday. Use the code ‘joy’ at checkout, stock up for the new year! (disclaimer: any certificates purchased through this affiliate link will help support POTC).
– The Portland Trail Blazers finally open up the 2011-2012 season with home games this Monday, Tuesday and Thursday — catch the action at the Rose Garden or KGW TV (for the Monday and Thursday night games).
– Portland New Years Parties, Events, Information and Pictures from PDX Pipeline.
– “Bring On the Apocalypse: Party your problems away this New Year’s Eve,” a full guide from Willamette Week for New Year’s Eve event listings.