Happy New Year! We’ve updated our listings for our Birthday Perks and for Massage services, take a look!
Article of the Week:
– “12 smart savings tips for 2012,” by Greg McBride, CFA for Bankrate.com.
Monday, January 2nd:
– Free admission at the Oregon Zoo, 9:00am – 4:00pm!
– Free admission at the Lan Su Chinese Garden now until next Monday, January 9th. Open 10:00am – 5:00pm.
– Rose Bowl: Oregon Ducks vs Wisconsin Badgers, kick off at 2:10pm. Catch the game at McMenamins theaters, Grand Central Bowl or at home on ABC.
– In honor of the Oregon Ducks, Burgerville presents a ‘Quack Attack’ offer valid all day long: 5 original cheeseburgers for $5 or 5 double cheeseburgers for $10.
Tuesday, January 3rd:
– Lake Oswegoâ€™s First Tuesday Music Series features the music styling of the Double Reed Divas, 7:00pm at the Lake Oswego Library, free.
– Snowshoeing Basics at Hillsboro REI, 7:00pm – 8:30pm, free registration spots are still available.
– Oregon Archaeological Society general meeting features the free presentation “Native American Architecture of the Lower Columbia, Oregon Coast, and Willamette Valley: the Vernacular Style.” 7:45pm at OMSI, open to the public.
Wednesday, January 4th:
– Free presentation: “Moving Towards A Low Carbon Economy: Brown bag with Rex Burkholder,” 12:00pm inside the council chambers at Metro Regional Center.
– First Wednesday Chamber Jam with Classical Revolution PDX, 7:00pm at the Waypost in North Portland. $5 suggested donation.
Thursday, January 5th:
– First Thursday monthly art gallery event in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map.