Weekend on the Cheap:
– Submission from Kelly:
Reeds and Keys Presents Cheap and Fun Entertainment for the Whole Family!
Join this Portland-based music duo for their original variety show, You Don’t Lay Down on the Band Room Floor: The Journey of a Young Band Student.
What: A multimedia extravaganza including music, skit and a LOT of crazy (family friendly crazy)
When: Friday, January 20th at 7:00pm
Where: Rex Putnam High School Auditorium
How Much: ONLY $5.00 a ticket, purchased at the door!
Why: Because. Oh, and it’s a fund raiser for the RPHS band trip to Disneyland!
– Family Friday Concert with Classical Revolution, 7:15pm Friday at Community Music Center. Suggested donation: $5 for individual, $15.00 for family
– ChocolateFest, Friday – Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center, $20 for Friday night and $10 per adult for Saturday or Sunday admission.
– Fertile Ground Festival, a city-wide festival of new art including performances, visual art, film, comedy and much more. Runs Friday the 20th – Sunday the 29th at multiple venues around the metro area. Festival pass is just $50 or check the web site for single performance tickets; some events are by donation.
– Portland Fix-It Fair, 8:30am – 2:00pm Saturday at Rosa Parks Elementary School, free. Learn how to save money with ongoing exhibits and hourly workshops on a variety of topics.
– Stories in the Stones on Mount Talbert, Saturday 10:30am – 1:00pm. $5 for adults; under 18 free. Advance registration required; call 503-794-8092.
– 4th Annual Teatro Milagro’s Community Resource Fair, Saturday 1:00pm – 2:00pm and 3:00pm – 5:00pm, free. From web site: “The matinee of “B’aktun 13” on Saturday, Jan. 21 will be accompanied by a free resource fair featuring an open mic readers theatre led by Los Porteños writers group; environmental activities, such as group papermaking, and representatives from VOZ, Union Verde, and others.”
– Bikes for Humanity PDX is offering free public bicycle tune-up clinics Sunday, 10:00am – 4:00pm at Rivermark Credit Union (25th & SE Hawthorne). Donations to offset the cost of supplies and events are very welcome!
– Portland Opera to Go: Hansel & Gretel, Sunday 12:00pm, free at McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove.