Weekend on the Cheap:
– 6th Annual Washington County Project Homeless Connect, Friday at Sonrise Church (Orenco MAX stop). Doors open at 9:00am and free services include dental, medical, haircuts, flu shots, vision exams, housing info, free food and much much more.
– Northwest Weather & Avalanche Center Benefit Film Showing Fundraiser, doors open at 6:00pm Friday at the Mazama Mountaineering Center (SE 43rd and Stark). Raffle for great items, win door prizes, enjoy food and drinks and watch Field Production’s new film “Being There.” $10 admission at the door.
– Daggawalla, the official launch party, Friday 4:00pm – 10:00pm features “Seeds for growing heirloom vegetables, medicinal herbs, grains, beans, tobacco and medicinal plants to inspect, sample, and purchase (or trade for). Plus, there will also be music, refreshments, and unannounced antics.” Free.
– Final weekend of the Fertile Ground Festival, a city-wide festival of new art including performances, visual art, film, comedy and more at multiple venues around the metro area. Festival pass is just $50 or check the web site for single performance tickets; some events are by donation.
– The Beaverton Modular Railroad Club will set up at the Lake Oswego Public Library on Saturday and Sunday for the public and will be on hand to answer questions and share their hobby.
– Other good bets for the weekend are listed at Oregonlive.com
Spotlight: Chinook Book 2012 Portland Edition
The following coupons are 100% freebies, no strings attached!
– one organic French baguette at New Seasons Markets
– one hand-crafted sausage link at New Seasons Markets
– one reusable, flat-bottom shopping bag at New Seasons Markets
– one slice of pizza in the Whole Foods Market deli
– one meal and beverage during normal hours of operation or share with someone who could use a good meal at Sisters of the Road Cafe
– one Eco wash at Eco Car Wash (four Portland area locations)
– one exterior car wash at Washman Car Wash (only valid at the MLK & SE Clay location)
– admissions for up to four people at the Circuit Bouldering Gym
– admissions for up to two people at the Museum of Contemporary Craft
The following coupons are some of our favorite BOGO Free offers (Buy one, get one free):
– Bob’s Red Mill product at the Mill Store
– one item at the Healthy Bread Store (Dave’s Killer Bread)
– one menu item at Pizzicato
– one Senens’s Breakfast Burrito at Burgerville
– one cheeseburger at Burgerville
– one regular size milkshake or smoothie at Burgerville
– one scoop of handmade ice cream at Salt & Straw
– one soup free at Elephants Delicatessen
– one ice cream cone at Ben & Jerry’s
– one free three-course lunch or four-course dinner at Oregon Culinary Institute
– one entree at Bridges Cafe
– one admission at Portland area theaters like Portland Center Stage, Brody Theater, Artists Repetory Theatre and more
– one admission at the Academy Theater
– one admission at the Oregon Symphony (Classical Concert series or Pop Concert series only)
– one ticket at the NW Film Center
– one introductory lesson at the Portland Rock Gym
There are over 400 more coupons inside the Chinook Book for restaurants, cafes, bakeries, services, retailers, attractions, grocery products, memberships, travel, wellness and more. The book is on sale for only $20 and the coupons are valid until October 31st, 2012. Find the print book at these local retailers, or online. The Chinook Book also offers a special app for Android phones: a $10 printed booklet containing an individual code that can be entered into the Chinook Book app. When entered it downloads the full library of 430 mobile coupons. Check it out!