Weekend on the Cheap
– We’ve just updated our Submissions page, there are plenty of great events upcoming in February, please take a look!
– Community Music Center’s Family Friday Series presents the Portland Cello Project, Friday 7:15pm. Suggested donation: $5 for individual, $15.00 for family.
– (Anti)Valentine’s Concert, Friday 8:00pm at Lewis & Clark College Evans Auditorium. Free admission.
– The 22nd annual Cascade Festival of African Films continues with free films screening at 7:30pm both Friday and Saturday night at PCC Cascade Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building, Room 104.
– The Unscriptables performs Star Trek USS Improvise at 8:00pm and 10:00pm Friday, and UTV (improv TV shows and commercials) on Saturday. All shows are “pay what you will” and cash only.
– Eat Art Theater presents “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged),” performing Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:00pm. Free admission.
– Fred Meyer has this extra savings coupon valid all day Friday and Saturday for their Starlight Savings event.
– T-Mobile’s Valentine’s Day sale is one day only on Saturday, “Cupid’s Arrow Hits Mark,” offering free smartphones with a two-year contract (among other fine print details)… if you are in the market for a fancy, tech-savvy phone and looking for a deal, check out this article “5 Smartphone Deals: Free Android Phones, Refill Cards,” from dealnews.com.
– Randall Children’s Hospital Community Celebration, Saturday 12:00pm – 6:00pm, free activities for the entire family.
– American Diabetes Association Expo, Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Oregon Convention Center, free admission. From web site: “The EXPO is free and includes health screenings, cooking demonstrations, product and service exhibitors, as well as leading experts talking about diabetes management and prevention. Get the latest information on preventing and managing diabetes and its deadly complications to help keep you and your family healthy.”
– Family Day at the Washington County Museum, Saturday from 10:00am – 2:00pm with free admission for all.
– Free Nordic Day with REI and Mt. Hood Meadows Nordic Center, Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm. From web site: “Join REI and Mt. Hood Meadows Nordic Center for a day of cross-country skiing. Never tried the sport before? Mt. Hood Meadows Nordic Center will show you how. Register for lesson ti Free lesson and discounted rentals from REI.
– A Date with Destiny – A Storytelling Performance by the Portland Storytellers Guild, Saturday 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School, $5 general admission ($10 for families). This show “serves up tasty tales about Vampires, Hijackers, Hostages and Rainbow Snakes!”
– Northwest Family and Kids Festival, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Washington County Fair Complex. Free parking, admission is $10 for the entire family; see web site for a $2 discount coupon. From web site: “The Northwest Family & Kids Festival offers an incredible amount of ideas for kids and families ranging from: entertainment, education, nutrition, health care, vacations, safety and more.”
– Bikes for Humanity PDX Bike Donation and Adoption Drive at Rivermark Credit Union, Sunday 10:00am- 4:00pm.
– Submission from Bennett:
FEARLESS SPEED MEETING
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12
This is the Fearless version of Speed Dating
A fun way to meet new folks. All age groups welcome, but you must be over 21 to participate.
No charge for the first event.
How it works: Event participants are divided into two groups: guys and gals. Each participant spends 3 minutes meeting and chatting with another participant. We will have ‘assist questions’ available for those who don’t particularly have the gift of gab. At the end of 3 minutes everyone rotates to a new partner. The process continues until all the gals have met all the guys. At the end of the event you let us know if there are any participants with whom you wish to share your contact info (email address) and we will forward that info on your behalf. Then it is up to you!
Local residents as well as out-of-towners. We will be advertising this event far and wide.
Fearless Brewing Company 326 South Broadway, Estacada, Oregon 503-630-BEER www.fearless1.com
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 4-9 pm, Friday-Saturday Noon-10 pm, Sunday Noon-9 pm
AND TO MAKE IT ALL THE BETTER WE HAVE 75 CENT CRAFT BEER