Welcome to March! Here’s your weekend on the cheap rundown of things free and cheap!
– 24th Annual Ski for Sunshine: get a free day lift ticket at Mt. Hood’s Ski Bowl just by donating eight cans of non-perishable food to the Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division, Friday only! Lift ticket is valid from 9:00am – 4:00pm so hit the slopes early! Look for them in the Ski Bowl parking lot.
– Target First Friday free admission to the Childrenâ€™s Museum, 4:00pm â€“ 8:00pm.
– Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm â€“ 9:00pm, free.
– The 22nd Annual Cascade Festival of African Films concludes this Friday night with “I Sing of a Well” and Saturday night with “Perfect Picture.” Free and open to the public on a first-come, first-seated basis.
– Celebration of Creativity Annual Fine Art and Exhibit Sale, Friday – Sunday at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton. Admission is free (except the Saturday night concert) and there is plenty of free parking.
– Bank of Americaâ€™s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum, Pittock Mansion and the Lan Su Chinese Garden this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– Antiques and Collectibles Show, Saturday and Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. General admission is $7 and parking is $8. Over 1,000 booths!
– The 2012 SE Area ARTWalk is Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am – 5:00pm and “will allow you the opportunity to go on a free, self-guided tour by visiting the studios, home workspaces, galleries, host homes and businesses within the boundaries of SE 9th – SE 41st & SE Hawthorne to SE Powell Boulevard.”
– Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream weekend long sampling party for their new lineup of Greek Frozen Yogurts, Thursday through Sunday.
– New Seasons Market celebrates their 12 year anniversary this Saturday and Sunday with free banana cake (11:00am – 5:00pm) and special grocery deals all week long.
– The Title Wave Used Bookstore March Madness Sale, Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm, save 55% off all used items!
– Saturday is Auntie Anne’s Free Pretzel Day: stop into a participating Auntie Anne’s between 10:00am – 3:00pm and get a free Original or Cinnamon Sugar pretzel, no coupon neccessary.
– The 90-Second Newbery Film Festival, Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm at Multnomah County’s Central Library, free, all ages welcome. Free tickets available 30 minutes in advance.
– OMSI admission is just $2 per person as part of their First Sunday program.
– Oregon Buddhist Temple 2012 Spring Food Bazaar, Sunday 11:30am – 3:30pm, free admission, food costs range from $7.00 – $8.50 per entree.
– Portland State University’s Percussion Ensemble performs a free concert on Sunday, 3:00pm in Lincoln Recital Hall, Room 75.
– Check out Red Robin’s new $6.99 burger offer: the Big Melt Bacon Burger, for a limited time only, now through March 25th (after this time it will go back to its regular price).
– Sharing Spree Super Deal: just $13 for $30 worth of Sharing Spree Credits to use on any deal you’d like (look on the right hand side under “Side Deal”). There are no blackouts and no restrictions. This is an affiliate link and any purchase you make helps to support this web site!
– Bicycle sales galore this weekend! West End Bikes First Anniversy Sale 3/1 – 3/11 (10% – 40% off), River City Bicycles 17th anniversary sale 3/2 – 3/11 (10%-50% off everything), and Fat Tire Farm’s annual Hair of the Dog Sale 3/3 – 3/11.
– Car2Go launches in Portland with an intriguing offer: for a limited time, register for free online and receive 30 minutes of free driving time. Use promo code ROSE. The catch? To complete your registration, you have to enter your driver’s license number and method of payment after you click the link.