Happy Easter Weekend! In addition to the fine listings of free weekend things-to-do offered by Aroundthesunblog, here are some others free and cheap to consider:
– “1.4 Billion Reasons – A Presentation,” 7:00pm Friday at Lewis and Clark College’s Templeton Campus Center. From web site: “A 1.4 Billion Reasons presentation to engage, inform and inspire people to know more and take action on the topics and issues around extreme poverty. This presentation will also be the launch event for Global Poverty Project keynote presenter, dâ€™Arcy Lunn, as he starts his 1,000 mile presentation cycling tour – Living Below the Line (eating on less than US$1.50/day) for GPPâ€™s Live Below the Line campaign.”
– Free concert, “The Los Angeles-based Belden Piano Quartet presents: A Portrait of France,” 7:00pm Friday at Portland State University’s Lincoln Recital Hall.
– ’80s Video Dance Attack 7th Anniversary Show at McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Friday 8:00pm, admission is just $5.
– Cort & Fatboy Late Night Movies presents “Boogie Nights,” Friday 11:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $3 admission, 21 and over only.
– Burgerville offers: visit the restaurant on Friday or Saturday and your little ones will receive a coupon good for a free treat to be redeemed on Sunday. If you don’t have children, adults can get in on the action too — stop by and spend Easter Sunday with Burgerville and score a coupon good for a free regular size strawberry milkshake or smoothie.
– Free marathon training runs, distance of 4, 6 or 8 miles, 8:00am Saturday at Mountain Hardware. Brought to you by the Portland Marathon Clinic.
– Blue Lake Bunny Bonanza egg hunt, Saturday 10:00am – 12:00pm, admission is just $5 parking fee per car.
– The Great Westside Family Easter Event, Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Free admission, please see web site for ages and egg hunt times.
– For more Easter Egg hunts and activities, please check out the Oregonian’s listing and this one put together by PDX Kids Calendar.
– 2012 Portland Bunnycon, Saturday 4:00pm starting at Kellyâ€™s Olympian in downtown Portland. Your ticket of $2.50 gets you drink specials, no cover, prizes, contests and lots of fun. See their Facebook post for further details.
– Lewis and Clark College LÅ«Ê»au 2012, Saturday night 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Admission is free if you just want to watch the 7:00pm dance performances; but if you want the full shebang Hawaiian food experience the cost is $16.50 for adults.
– Free guided bird walk at Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge, Sunday beginning at 8:00am. Advance reservations required; call 503-620-7454.
– Hortlandia 2012, the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon’s Plant and Garden Art Sale, runs Saturday and Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Free admission, though parking is $8. Features over 100 nurseries and garden artists from around the region.
– Subway buy one six-inch sandwich / get one free sandwich of equal or greater value every day in April as long as you buy it before 9:00am. You don’t have to buy a breakfast sandwich, you can do the regular subs as you wish. Not good with other coupon offers, discount cards or value meals.
– Red Robin Facebook Deal: click ‘Like’ on their Facebook page and they’ll send you a $5 off a $20 bill coupon to your email. From their Facebook page: “Claim it today! Good for $5 off a $20 purchase. Valid only at participating U.S. Red RobinÂ® restaurants. Minimum purchase required. Not valid for the purchase of gift cards or alcoholic beverages. Tax and gratuity excluded. Dine-in only. Limit one coupon per check per day. Cannot be combined with any other offer except Red Royaltyâ„¢. Not valid at Red Robinâ€™s Burger Worksâ„¢ locations. Photocopied, altered or purchase offers are not valid. POS Key: $5 OFF COUPON. Expires 4/15/12.” To redeem your offer, take the email to Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and show it to the staff. Print the email out, or just show it from your phone.
– Pick up the latest copy of Willamette Week — their cover story is “Stop Being Broke: How to Get out of Debt and Start Makin’ Bacon.” Features info on how not to get screwed by your bank, getting out of debt, strategies for stretching your grocery budget, how to get a loan and more. If you’re not able to find one, the articles are also available online here.
– Finally, we’ve updated our listings of current submissions, please check out some great events and happenings coming up including the LocalBonus loyalty program, University of Portland Reading Fair, brewery tours, puppet museum and much more.