Article of the Week:
“Tax Day Freebies and Deals,” via Babble.com.
Monday, April 16th:
– Clinton Street Theater open house and meet & greet with their new owners. There will be a special screening of documentaries ‘How Can We Keep From Singing?’ and ‘Walk To Me.’ Free admission, free popcorn and soda, and free cake. Doors open at 7:00pm and shows start at 8:00pm.
Tuesday, April 17th:
– Tax Day freebies includes free Arby’s curly fries, Cinnabon bites, Panda Express Shanghai Angus Steak, Maggie Moos yogurt scoop and much more. List compiled by SavingWithAmy.
– John’s Incredible Pizza one year anniversary deal, Tuesday – Thursday all day long. $8 gets you all you can eat buffet, all you can drink beverage and one hour of free rides.
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Penguins of Oregon,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, open for all ages.
– Geek Trivia with Cort & Fatboy, 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School, free to play with over $200 in prizes.
Wednesday, April 18th:
– The Lake Oswego Public Library Third Tuesday Author Series welcomes author Scott Sparling at 7:00pm and his book “Wire to Wire.” He’ll talk about his experiences riding freight trains across the country, which served as the basis for part of the book.
– East Portland Homeownership Forum, 6:00pm at Parkrose High School. Free raffle for $4,000 buyer’s assistance grant, free dinner and presentation on how to buy a home in today’s market.
– Free lecture “Words, Sounds or Images: Just Tell Me a Story,” 6:00pm at the Turnbull Portland Center. From web site: “Award-winning journalist Alex Kotlowitz talks about the need for story, especially in these highly ideological and divisive times.”
– Beaverton Wind Ensemble free concert performance, 7:00pm at Beaverton City Library Auditorium.
Thursday, April 19th:
– Powell’s City of Books and World Affairs Council of Oregon welcomes acclaimed journalist Blaine Harden to discuss his book “Escape from Camp 14.” Free, 7:00pm.