Weekend on the Cheap:
– Coupon: celebrate Earth Day with Powell’s Books, sell them your used books and get a bonus $5 gift card April 20th – 22nd. You must present the coupon to receive the gift card. Pick up a copy of “Willamette Week” newspaper and you’ll find the coupon on page 52.
– PSU Earth Day Community Festival, Friday 10:00am – 3:00pm with free music performances, campus green tours, fashion show, workshops and more.
– Free art show “Spawn Camping the Psionic Swamp,” with opening reception Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm at The Peoples Art of Portland (inside Pioneer Place Mall, 3rd floor). This month’s artist is John Howard.
– Free concert “Earth Day in Music and Song 2012,” Friday 7:30pm at First Unitarian Church. From web site: “In honor of Earth Day, we invite you to set aside this special time to celebrate our remarkable planet. The program includes instrumental and vocal performances, meditative singing, poetry, candle lighting, and time for reflection. Donations gratefully accepted.”
– Hand2Mouth Theatre presents “Somethings got a Hold of My Heart,” with a free 8:00pm show on Friday and Saturday at Disjecta. This is a performance work in progress; here’s the quick blurb from Willamette Week.
– Portland’s Largest Garage Sale, Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm at the Portland Expo Center. $4.00 general admission.
– Grand opening of Beaverton Super Supplements store, doors open at 9:00am. First 100 purchasing customers receive a free gift. Free samples and gift card drawings, see local newspapers such as the Portland Mercury and Willamette Week for a special 20% off entire purchase coupon.
– 5th annual Record Store Day, Saturday all day at local record stores throughout the Portland metropolitan area, please see web site for events and locations.
– Submission from Krissy: The Webfooters Vintage Post Card, Photo and Antique Papers Show is Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm at Kliever Armory. The free weekend show and sale put on by Portlandâ€™s Post Card Club is a fun sale of vintage post cards, photos and antique papers.
– Submission from Phil: Sunnyside Swap and Spring Clean Up, Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm at Saint Stephens Catholic Church gym in SE Portland. Suggested $2 donation admission per family. All items not swapped on Saturday are part of the rummage sale on Sunday 10-1. All items in the rummage sale are free 12:30-1 on Sunday. Remaining items at the end of the rummage sale will be given to charities.
– National Park Week, April 21st – 29th, free admission! Great time to check out Fort Vancouver and Lewis & Clark National Historical Park.
– Looking for an excuse to enjoy the weather out of town? Then take the short drive out to Hood River for their 58th Annual Hood River Valley Blossom Festival with over 20 participating venues.
- Tualatin REI Used Gear Sale, Sunday beginning at 9:00am sharp. Items are one-of-a-kind; come early for the best selection. All sales are final.
– Earth Day 2012 “The Circle of Life: Earth Day Renewal,” Sunday 11:00am – 6:00pm at PCC Cascade Campus, free admission. There will be workshops, performances, vendors and much more.
– Free concert: “Myth Magic Legend: Womenâ€™s Choir & Cappella Nova Concert,” Sunday 3:00pm at Lewis and Clark College Evans Hall.
– Portland Mayoral candidate debate, Sunday 7:00pm at David Douglas High School Performing Arts Center. Get free tickets at KATU or at Willamette Week, or just watch it live at home.