Weekend on the Cheap:
– Fourth Friday free admission at the Portland Art Museum from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Powell’s City of Books on Burnside welcomes author A.J. Jacobs and his new book “Drop Dead Healthy: One Man’s Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection,” Friday at 7:30pm, free.
– Friends of the Multnomah County Library Spring Used Book Sale at the Gresham Station Shopping Center. Friday is for members only, Saturday is open for everyone, and Sunday is 50% discount day.
– The Friends of the Hillsboro Public Library Spring Used Book Sale kicks off this weekend at the Hillsboro Main Library. From web site: “More than 50,000 items to choose from! You’ll find kids books, cookbooks, mysteries, fiction, nonfiction, reference, large print, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs–even videos and LPs at the Friends of the Library Book Sale! Come and browse any time during Library open hours from Friday, April 27 through Sunday, May 6.”
– IKEA Portland Marketplace Grand Re-opening, Friday – Sunday. The first 500 visitors through the entrance doors each day- Friday, Saturday and Sunday- April 27, 28 and 29, receive a free FRAKTA big blue bag.
– Just Between Friends Children’s Consignment Sale, Friday – Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Free admission, parking is $8. Go on Sunday for the half price sale.
– 20th annual Spring Paddle Festival, Saturday and Sunday at Vancouver Lake. Alder Creek sponsors a weekend of demos, clinics, classes, music, family fun and more. Free admission, though there is a $3 parking fee.
– Portland Audubon Native Plant Sale, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Audubon House (5151 NW Cornell Road), admission is free.
– 9th Annual Stumptown Comics Fest, Saturday and Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center. Single admission is $7; weekend passes are only $12 and include access to the Oni Press afterparty on Saturday, April 27th at the Jupiter Hotel.
– Crown the Eagle Festival: A Polish Heritage Celebration, Saturday 11:00am – late at McMenamins White Eagle Saloon. Free admission, all ages welcome ’til 8:00pm.
– Green Gardening Fair and Spring Native Plant Sale 2012, Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm at Tualatin Hills Nature Park Interpretive Center in Beaverton. Free admission.
– 2012 Northwest Handmade Musical Instrument Exhibit, Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm at Marylhurst College’s Clark Commons. Admission is $3. Children under 12, free.
– The Bite of Mt. Hood, Saturday 5:00pm – 9:00pm at the Resort at the Mountain. Admission is $5, or pick up this week’s copy of the Willamette Week and bring in the ad on page #13 for free admission. There will be food vendors and live music as well as a silent and oral auction.
– 16th annual 50+ Connections Expo, Sunday 11:00am – 4:00pm at the Vancouver Hilton Hotel & Convention Center. Free admission, presented by the Human Services Councilâ€™s Retired and Senior Volunteer Program and Senior Messenger newspaper.
– 8th Annual Latino Cultural Festival – Ready, Set, Vamos – Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm at Hillsboro’s downtown Civic Center. From web site: “Join in on the festivities with an afternoon of food, entertainment, art, culture and sports for the entire family.” Free.