– Fourth Friday free admission to the Portland Art Museum, 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Comedy Night at the Bagdad Theater, Friday night 10:30pm showcase of local talent for just $5 admission! 21 and over only.
– Rose Festival City Fair opens at Waterfront Park, free admission for everyone on Friday, stay for the fireworks at 10:00pm. General admission throughout the weekend is $5 (get 2-for-1 coupons at area Les Schwab Tire Centers); Veterans, Reservists, and Active Military and their legal dependents will receive free admission Saturday – Monday with valid Military ID.
– Across the river at Oaks Parks you’ll find the Multnomah County Fair, open 12:00pm – 7:00pm Saturday – Monday. Admission and parking is free.
– 22nd annual Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country, Saturday – Monday with more than 150 wineries and tasting rooms opening their doors for special events and tasting.
– Submission from Sophia: “City Repair’s Village Building Convergence is an annual ten-day placemaking festival that combines crowdsourced activism, creative community development, hands-on education and celebration.” This year’s event begins on Friday, May 25th and runs until Sunday, June 3rd. Please see web site for more info.
– Submission from Andrea: “Celebrating its 88th Season, The Portland Youth Philharmonic is offering a free concert on Sunday May 27th. Conductor and Music Director David Hattner selected highlights from PYPâ€™s 2011-2012 Season for the â€œConcert Showcaseâ€ to be held at Jackson Middle School (10625 Southwest 35th Avenue, Portland, OR) on Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 4:00pm.”
– Mountain View Cemetery annual Memorial Day celebration, Monday 10:00am with US Air Force Aerial Flyover, free BBQ, children’s activities, and Pioneer Cemetery historic tours.
– Willamette National Cemetery Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10:00am with music, Military Honor Guard, guest speakers and a veterans organizations flag procession.
– Wilhelm’s Portland Memorial Funeral Home Memorial Day Celebration, Monday beginning at 12:00pm with Veterans tribute, vintage cars, mausoleum tours, refreshments and more, free.
– Danner Memorial Day March, Monday 1:30pm with a parade down Naito Parkway from the Burnside Bridge south to Salmon Springs Fountain.
– For other listings of Memorial Day ceremonies and events around the state, please visit the Oregon Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
– Value Village Memorial Day sale, Monday only 9:00am – 9:00pm with 50% off most items (excludes jewelry, books, new merchandise, housewares or furniture).
– Bingo Used Books at 33rd & SE Powell will offer special sales items plus everything else at 25% off during their Memorial Day weekend sale.
– New addition: Salvation Army Thrift stores, 50% off most items on Saturday and on Memorial Day Monday. Call your local store for hours.
– Other sales to be listed here as they are verified and confirmed, please add a comment if you know of any to mention!