Article of the Week:
“5 savvy steps to save on gas,” by Tamara Holmes for Bankrate.com.
Tuesday, May 29th:
- Oregon Encyclopedia and McMenamins present History Night “Plants of the Columbia Plateau: Traditional Uses and Contemporary Application,” 6:30pm at McMenamins Edgefield. Free, all ages welcome.
- Free lecture – the Portland Earthquake Project continues their Cascadia Lecture series with “Cascadia’s Fault,” 7:00pm at the Mercy Corps Action Center (Skidmore Fountain MAX stop). Free and open to the public.
- Geek Trivia Night with Cort & Fatboy, 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School. Free, minors okay with adult.
Wednesday, May 30th:
- Beaverton Walmart Neighborhood Market grand opening with product samples, giveaways, entertainment and more throughout the day.
- Free Slough Tour: Vanport Flood, 4:00pm, meet at the Delta Park/Vanport Park & Ride and carpool from there. Suitable for adults and children aged 10+; RSVPs appreciated. See web site for further details.
- Drink Portland Launch Party at Mellow Mushroom in the Pearl, 6:00pm, free.
- Free lecture series “Think & Drink: Future of Food Security,” 6:30pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Open to all ages (minor okay with adult).
Thursday, May 31st:
- Last Thursday on Alberta Street, 6:00pm – 10:00pm, check out the art, music, vendors and the scene from 15th Avenue – 30th Avenue along Alberta Street.
- Powell’s book event with author Lani Leary and her book “No One Has to Die Alone,” in which she “guides caregivers, family, and friends through the difficult transitions of illness, death, and bereavement.” Free, 7:00pm at Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing.