Article of the Week:
“23 Best Travel Sites to Save You Money,” by Stacy Rapacon for Kiplinger.com.
Monday, September 24th:
- Oregonian’s Smart Saver Coupon Event, a free workshop at 1:00pm and again at 7:00pm at Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego. These coupon events have been taking place over the past couple of months and they offer free giveaways, door prizes and tips on couponing. Register online here.
- 9th Annual Jackpot Records Film & Music Festival, Monday – Friday at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. Movies play at 8:00pm with a $5 admission charge.
Tuesday, September 25th:
- Financial education seminar “Tackling Student Loan Debt,” presented by Innovative Changes, 6:00pm at the Lloyd Center Mall, 3rd floor suite 2010. Class is $5 and registration is required, reserve a spot by calling (503) 249-5205.
- Oregon Encyclopedia History Night, 6:30pm at McMenamins Edgefield. Tonight’s presentation is “Along the Sandy: Our Nikkei Neighbors,” presented by Clarence Mershon. Free (canned food donation is encouraged).
Thursday, September 27th:
- Oregon Humanities sponsors a free discussion at the Hillsboro Library, “Borderless: Migration, Globalization, & Changing Communities,” 6:30pm.
- High Scores and Records present Event 3, 8:30pm at Holocene. Admission is $5. Description from web site: “EVENT is a one-night-only, collaborative, quarterly showcase of live musical and artistic improvisation curated by local label High Scores And Records.” Here’s a write up by the Oregonian.
- Last Thursday on Alberta, check out the arts and the scene along Alberta between 15th and 30th avenues.
- No Pun Intendo stand up comedy night, 9:00pm at Ground Kontrol, just $3.