Article of the Week:
– “20 Products With Giant Markups,” by Renee Morad for MoneyTalkNews.com.
Monday, October 1st:
– Submission: First Monday Authors in Pubs, free event 7:30pm at the Jack London Bar (beneath the Rialto Pool Room) in downtown Portland. Come hear local writers reading original works.
Tuesday, October 2nd:
– Financial Household Resiliency #1: Making Ends Meet, a financial workshop by Innovative Changes, 5:30pm at Lloyd Center, 3rd floor suite 2010. Class is $5 and registration is required, reserve a spot by calling (503) 249-5205. Please see web site for more information.
– First Tuesday opening art exhibits at the Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center and the Sequoia Gallery + Studios in downtown Hillsboro, 6:00pm â€“ 8:00pm, free.
– First Tuesday Music series features local musician Steve Hale, 7:00pm at Lake Oswego Public Library, free.
Wednesday, October 3rd:
– World Forestry Center Wondrous Wednesday Discount Day, admission is just $3 for the Discovery Museum.
– Presidential debate, catch it live on all stations at 6:00pm, or pay just $2 for Hollywood Theater’s ‘Hecklevision” event.
– Gluten-Free Baking Basics, 6:00pm – 7:30pm at North Portland Library Meeting Room, free. From web site: “Participants will learn to make gluten-free French bread, check out some great gluten-free cookbooks, and taste samples of delicious, gluten-free breads and baked goods.”
– Join local author and hiking expert, Paul Gerald as he discusses Oregon’s section of the Pacific Crest Trail, 7:00pm at REI in the Pearl. Free.
– Brick Or Block Lego Tournament, 7:00pm at Cruzroom (2338 NE Alberta); come early to form a team. Please see web site for further information.
– A Portland Circus on Cageâ€™s Silence, a free community event, 7:00pm at Pacific Northwest College of Art. From web site: “A Portland Circus will fill the PNCA Commons with music and movement, dispersing 16 dancers, 10 musicians, recorded sounds and a poet among and around the audience, on balconies and in distant hallways.”
Thursday, October 4th:
– First Thursday monthly art gallery event in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map.
– Tutankhamunâ€™s Last Secret by Nicholas Reeves, free lecture 7:30 pm, Smith Memorial Student Union, room 238, at Portland State University.