WEEKEND ON THE CHEAP
– Portland Streetcar Mobile Music Fest, Friday 6:00pm – 10:00pm features live bands playing on every Portland Streetcar between the Rose Quarter and OMSI! $1 to ride.
– More free music at the Fall Into Darkness Festival, 9:00pm Friday at Mississippi Studios. 21 and over only, doors open at 8:00pm, come early!
– Free Portland Financial Planning Day, Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Portland Building, get your financial questions answered! There are no strings attached – volunteering financial planners will not pass out business cards, marketing materials or sell products or services.
– The Wedge at the Green Dragon, Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm. Portland celebrates cheese with over 40 Oregon artisan cheesemakers and food producers, $5 suggested donation to benefit the Oregon Cheese Guild non-profit.
– Oktoberfest at McMenamins St. Johns Theater and Pub, Saturday beginning at 1:00pm, free for all ages.
– OMSI discounted admission on Sunday: explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month.
– The Old Church presents “Two Guys with Violas,” concert and fundraiser 8:00pm Saturday. Admission is free but donations for the â€œPaint The Old Church Newâ€ interior painting campaign are welcome. Doors open at 7:00pm.
– Trinityâ€™s Canon for Cathedral Music, Michael Kleinschmidt, will give a free organ concert in celebration of the 25th birthday of Trinityâ€™s Rosales organ, Sunday 5:00pm at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.
– “Portland State of Mind,” a community celebration with activities all weekend long, please see web site for schedule.
– Submission: 61st Annual Portland Greek Festival, Friday – Sunday at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral.
– Bank of America Museums on Us is offering its customers free admission into the Lan Su Chinese Garden, Pittock Mansion and the Portland Art Museum this Saturday and Sunday. Photo ID and a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card must be presented at the time of visit.