WEEKEND ON THE CHEAP
– Family Friday Concert Series presents Whistlin’ Rufus at the Community Music Center, 7:15pm. Suggested donation is $5 per person or $15 per family.
– Final days of Design Week Portland, multiple venues around the city host design programming. Many exhibits and events are free, please see web site for location and schedule.
– Wordstock Festival, featuring the Wordstock Book Fair on Saturday and Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center, admission is just $7.
– Friends of the Multnomah County Library 39th Annual Fall Used Book Sale, this weekend at the DoubleTree Hotel Lloyd Center. Thousands of used books, CDs, DVDs, audio books and videos. Free admission (Friday is members-only day). If you can wait until Monday, many items will be marked at 50% off.
– 20th annual Portland Women’s Show, Friday – Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $9, but if you “Likeâ€ them on Facebook you can get a $2 off admission coupon!
– BirdFest, Saturday and Sunday up in Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, free. Please see web site for schedule of events.
– Lone Fir Pioneer Cemetery walking tour, Saturday 10:00am – 12:30pm, $10 suggested donation.
– McMenamins Kennedy School 15th Birthday Celebration, Saturday 2:00pm – 10:00pm, free live music, all ages welcome.
– Cedar Mill Cider Festival, Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the JQA Young House grounds on NW Cornell near 119th.
– Finally, the wait is over… the third season of The Walking Dead is here, catch it on the big screen for free at the Hollywood Theater, 7:00pm. On Saturday, check out the Walking Dead Party & Charlie Adlard Gallery Show at the Portland Things From Another World from 7:00pm – 10:00pm.
– For more ideas on what to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline.