Article of the Week:
– “6 Surprising Things You Should Always Buy at Drugstores,” by Marlisse Cepeda for WomansDay.com
Monday, October 15th:
-The Fred Meyer 90th Anniversary sale runs all the way until Saturday with some super buys, including organic apples and pears for $.99 per pound; 2-pound Baby Loaf Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese for $3.99 with coupon; 35% off select Bob’s Red Mill products; four 12-pack cases of Coke products for $11 + deposit with coupon; and much more.
– This is the final day of the Friends of the Multnomah County Library Fall Used Book Sale 2012 and offers a 50% off discount, 9:00am – 3:00pm at the DoubleTree Hotel Lloyd Center.
– History Pub presents “Miss Doris, Driving: A Roaring Twenties Teen from Portland Hits the Road,” presented by author Julia Park Tracey, 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School Theater, free, all ages welcome.
Tuesday, October 16th:
– The second 2012 Presidential debate between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney takes place at Hofstra University in a town hall format. Tune in to catch all the action on all channels at 6:00pm, or swing by select McMenamins theaters to watch it on the big screen.
– Free lecture “Wilderness Survival Basics,” 7:00pm – 8:30pm at REI Hillsboro. Topics will include planning, equipment, skills and attitude necessary to survive!
– OMSI Science Pub presents “The Physics of Ballet,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, open to all ages.
Wednesday, October 17th:
– KPSU Presents: Kaki King, 3:00pm at the Bing Lounge, free for the first 150 people who RSVP. This show is for all ages.
– Submission: Friends’ of the Multnomah County Library 40th Birthday Bash, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at First Unitarian Church in downtown Portland. Wine, nibbles, and cake will be served. Suggested $10 donation at the door.
Thursday, October 18th:
– Third Thursday Film Series: Twist Endings, 6:00pm – 7:30pm at Beaverton City Library Auditorium, free for all ages.
– Powell’s Book event “The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Walmart, Applebee’s, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table,” 7:30pm at Powell’s Books on Hawthorne, free.