WEEKEND ON THE CHEAP
– “Make It Real” with a free lunch on KeyBank this Friday from 11:00am – 1:00pm at the SW 10th and Alder food carts in downtown Portland. Key Bank staff will be handing out Make It Real cards which will allow you to get your free lunch and can be turned into a $10 donation by KeyBank to the United Way of the Columbia-Willamette if you drop them off after the event at a KeyBank branch. You are not required to donate to participate.
– Community Warehouse annual Art & Artifacts Special Sale takes place on Friday from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the eastside location, 3969 NE MLK Jr. Boulevard. Check out a fabulous mix of over 160 curiosities, unusual artifacts, unique art pieces, and antiques for sale.
– The Projects Comics Festival, Friday – Sunday at the Independent Publishing Resource Center (IPRC) located at 1001 SE Division. From web site: “3 days of workshops, exhibitions, panels, performances, projections and collaborative projects. Introducing experimental artists from comics, animation, and other narrative arts. The festival is a free event, oriented toward creative process, idiosyncratic expression, and inspiration, leaving behind the flat model of comics as commerce.”
– LEGO® Creation Nation at Washington Square, Friday – Sunday from 10:00am – 6:00pm. From web site: “Join hundreds of LEGO fans in a huge LEGO building event! Help us construct a large-scale map of the United States using LEGO bricks! Build your own creation and add it to the nation!” Located at the Summit Court inside of Washington Square Mall.
– Portland Nursery 25th Anniversary Apple Tasting, Friday – Sunday at their 50th and SE Stark location. There are over fifty varieties of apples and pears to taste, plus live music and activities for the whole family.
– Washington County Artists Open Studio Tour, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am – 5:00pm. This is a free self-guided tour of the private studios of Washington County artists and galleries, please see web site for locations and directions.
– FAN: Foster Art Night, Saturday all day with art, live readings, food and more.
– REI Used Gear Sale, Saturday 8:00am – 2:00pm at the Portland Pearl district REI location. Come early for best selection.
– REI Used Gear Sale, 9:00am – 2:00pm at the Tualatin REI location. Come early for best selection.
– Family Resource Fair 2012, Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm at Beaverton City Library, free. Please see web site for a listing of participating organizations and free services offered.
– 9th Annual West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta Saturday, 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Tualatin Lake of the Commons. Free.
– Daddies Board Shop Log Jam snowboarding kick off, Saturday 11:00am – 5:00pm with live music, food, prizes and activities for all.
– Powell’s Books on Hawthorne celebrates 20 years with an afternoon of festivities and giveaways, 12:00pm – 4:000pm, free.
– 2nd Annual Zombie and Monster Pub Crawl, Saturday from 2:00pm – 11:30pm, please see web site for full details. 21 and over only.
– REI Used Gear Clearance Sale, Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Portland Pearl district location. Gear not sold during Saturday 10/20 sale will be sold at 50% off. Members only!
– REI Used Gear Sale, Sunday 10:00am – 3:00pm at the Hillsboro Streets of Tanasbourne location.
– People of the Drum, a collaboration of Portland Taiko, the Obo Addy Legacy Project, Medicine Bear and Mexica Tiahui presents a free music program Sunday beginning at 3:30pm at University Park’s Charles Jordan Community Center.
– Wells Fargo Trail Blazer Fan Fest, Sunday 6:00pm with an intra-squad scrimmage game. Doors open at 5:00pm. From web site: “Free tickets and family passes are available at all Wells Fargo locations in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Fans will also be admitted the night of the event by showing a Wells Fargo check/credit card at any entrance. Parking will be free, subject to availability.”