Article of the Week:
“Simple Ways to Save Money on Your Water Bill,” by David Bakke for MoneyCrashers.com.
Monday, October 22nd:
- Lake Oswego Public Library Storytelling Festival, Monday – Saturday, all events are free! Tonight’s guest is Lopez Lomong, “our own Lake Oswego neighbor who will share his once-in-a-lifetime story of being a Sudanese lost boy who became an American citizen and Olympic athlete.” Please see web site for complete schedule and locations.
- 2012 Presidential Debate: Foreign Policy. Round 3, 6:00pm on all channels, or catch it on the big screen at select McMenamins Theaters or in ‘Hecklevision’ at the Hollywood Theater. Your moderator is Bob Schieffer, host of Face the Nation on CBS.
- OMSI Science Pub presents “SPILLOVER: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. Suggested donation of $5, minors are okay with an adult.
Tuesday, October 23rd:
- Regal Cinemas Tuesday Value Days: movies are just $5 at Evergreen, Movies on TV, Tigard, Sherwood, Oregon City and Wilsonville.
- Hillsboro REI offers a free class Rock Climbing Basics, 7:00pm – 8:30pm inside their store at the Streets of Tanasbourne. No experience necessary, please register online.
Wednesday, October 24th:
- Idealist Graduate Degree Fair, 5:00pm at Portland State University’s Stott Center. Free and open to the public, learn about a range of graduate programs offered by local, national and international universities.
- Panel discussion “Educating Global Citizens for the 21st Century,” 6:00pm – 9:00pm at Trillium Charter School (5240 N. Interstate Avenue). Admission is free, but participants need to register by calling City Club of Portland’s Reservations line at 503-228-7231 ext. 110.
- Oregon Humanities Think and Drink lecture “The Future of Robotic Warfare,” 6:30pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Free, minors allowed if accompanied by an adult.
Thursday, October 25th:
- Powell’s book event, 7:30pm at the Powell’s Hawthorne location. From web site: “The People’s Apocalypse (LitStar Press) by Ariel Gore and Jenny Forrester is an anthology profiling those awaiting the end. They are survivalists, anarchists, environmentalists, visionaries, poets, zinesters, and Christian Fundamentalists. They’ve prepared by hoarding grain, reading scripture, raising chickens, and arming themselves. They’ve imagined zombies, a King Kong-sized Jesus, and post-civilization utopias. They are impatient. They are hopeful. And they are ready.”
- No Pun Intendo stand up comedy, 9:00pm at Ground Kontrol, admission is just $3 for a night of rolling laughs! 21 and over only.