WEEKEND ON THE CHEAP
– Friends of the Hillsboro Library Used Book Sale, begins 10:00am Friday and runs for ten days until Sunday, November 4th. Tip: look for the discount coupon at the front info desk to save an additional 50 cents.
Friday & Saturday
– Lake Oswego Public Library Storytelling Festival concludes with a “Tales from Beyond the Grave,” a neighborhood photo gallery reception, community open mic and a finale concert. Admission is free to all events.
Saturday & Sunday
– “Make A Difference” Book Sale at the Gresham Library, proceeds benefit Women in Transitions and local charities such as David’s Harp.
Friday October 26th
– Admission to the Portland Art Museum is free from 5:00pm – 8:00pm as part of their Fourth Fridays.
– Jackpot Records presents a Zombie Classics Double Feature: “Night of the Living Dead” and “Return of the Living Dead,” 8:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $6 admission for the double feature.
Saturday October 27th
– Portland Zombie Walk, 10:00am at the OMSI overflow parking lot on Water Avenue and Madison. Open to the public, no need to sign up.
– Community Action’s 10th Annual Energy Conservation and Resource Fair, 9:30am – 2:00pm at Tuality Health Education Center in Hillsboro. The fair is free and open to all.
– North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District and METRO offer a Mount Talbert Nature Park walk, 10:00am – 1:00pm. Advance registration and payment of $5 per adult (18 and older) is required in advance.
– Fall Harvest Festival at Portland Community College Rock Creek, 10:00am – 2:00pm. There will be free pumpkins, face painting, a petting zoo, hay rides, music and a theater production. A donation of $5 per family is requested and free raffle tickets come with donated canned goods.
– Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen grand opening celebration from 12:00pm – 4:00pm in Hillsboro. The first 100 customers will get prizes and tastings. Former Trail Blazer Brian Grant will be there from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
– College football on the big screen: 12:00pm UO vs Colorado, then later 7:15pm OSU vs Washington. Catch the action at McMenamins St Johns Theater, free for all ages.
Sunday October 28th
– Portland Opera Preview: Don Giovanni, 2:00pm- 3:00pm at Multnomah County Central Library, free.
– The Hammerhead Quiz Show Special Halloween Edition “Hammer Horror Show.” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. $6 per person in advance; $8 at the door. Ages 21 and over.