WEEKEND ON THE CHEAP
– Friends of the Hillsboro Library Used Book Sale final weekend during normal library hours. Tip: look for the discount coupon at the front info desk to save an additional 50 cents.
Saturday and Sunday:
– 2012 Portland Coffee Fair, 10:00am – 3:00pm both days at the World Forestry Center. Admission is $9 for adults.
– Body Mind Spirit Expo 2012 at the Oregon Convention Center. $12 weekend admission, see web site for a $2 off coupon. Better yet, click here for a Buy One, Get One free coupon from Valpak.com.
– Lizard Lounge Garage Sale with deals on men’s and women’s clothing and shoes. Find them at 525 NW 10th Avenue in the Pearl, there will also be free beer and music while you are shopping.
– Bank of America Museums on Us is offering its customers free admission into the Lan Su Chinese Garden, Pittock Mansion and the Portland Art Museum this Saturday and Sunday. Photo ID and a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card must be presented at the time of visit.
– Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm â€“ 9:00pm, free. Stop by the historic Portland Storage Building for an open studio event and meet the artists.
– Comedy Night at the Bagdad Theater, 8:00pm, just $5 admission. 21 and over only.
– Portland’s Largest Garage Sale, one day only, 8:00am – 5:00pm at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $4.
– Northeast Community Center Fine Art and Cool Crafts Show and Sale, 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Northeast Community Center (1630 NE 38th Avenue).
– Free Native American dance performance, 11:00am at the North Portland library.
– Annual Newt Day, 12:00pm – 4:00pm at Tualatin Hills Nature Park Interpretive Center. Admission is $2 per person.
– Free Native American dance performance, 2:00pm at the Gresham Library.
– Free library event “Liberty & Union: Presidential Campaign Songs of the 1860 & 1864 Elections,” 2:00pm at the Central library in downtown Portland.
– OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am – 5:30pm.
– Free workshop “Think About the Future: Long-term Care,” 2:00pm at the Midland Library.
– Free documentary film screening of Vegucated, 2:00pm at the Hollywood Library.
– Powell’s book event “Cedar Hills Open House Party,” begins at 3:00pm with activities, games, snacks and the sixth annual Sci-Fi Authorfest. Free.
– Multnomah County Sustainability presents a free film screening “The Last Mountain,” 6:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. All ages welcome.
– For more great ideas on things to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline!