- Veterans Day Weekend Offers and Deals, by Ryan Guina for the Military Wallet.
– Oregon Veterans Day and weekend events guide by the Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
– Siren Nation Festival, features art, music, craft and workshops. The free, all-ages kick off party will be held on Thursday, 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Albina Press on Hawthorne. The Art and Craft Sale will be held on Sunday, 11:00am – 5:00pm at McMenaminâ€™s Kennedy School. Please see web site for full schedule.
– 19th annual Sitka Art Invitational at the World Forestry Center showcases 450+ works of art by more than 150 Northwest artists. Admission is $5 for the Saturday and Sunday public exhibit sale.
– Fall RV Show, 11:00am â€“ 8:00pm at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $8, but click here to get your 2 for 1 coupon from Valpak.
Friday, November 9th
– PDX Pop Now Give!Guide Kick-off party, 6:00pm – 9:30pm at the SE Hawthorne Burgerville. Free show for all ages, donations accepted.
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Chasing Ice: Filming Our Changing Climate,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. $5 suggested cover charge.
Saturday, November 10th:
– Powell’s City of Books event “The Onion Book of Known Knowledge,” 2:00pm at the Burnside location, free.
– Free program “Why Arenâ€™t There More Black People in Oregon? A Hidden History,” 2:00pm – 4:00pm at the Midland Library.
Sunday, November 11th
– Burgerville 5 cheeseburgers for 5 bucks, promotion is also valid on Monday.
Monday, November 12th
– Submission: Japanese Garden free admission for everyone. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to invite their family, friends, and fellow community members to visit the Garden free of charge on this day. Guides stationed throughout the Garden will answer questions and speak about the Gardenâ€™s history, culture, and traditions.
– Oregon Zoo free admission for all active and retired military personnel and their families.
– Powell’s book event, “Imperfect Spirituality: Extraordinary Enlightenment for Ordinary People,” 7:30pm at the Hawthorne location. Free.
For more listings of things to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline.