BLACK FRIDAY GUIDE TO DEALS
Here are our favorite articles and guides, culled from local sources and the internet, enjoy the savings!
– “12 Days of Black Friday,” by KATU news
– DealNews Black Friday features include ten things NOT to buy, master list of store hours, best freebies for in-store shoppers and more
– Amazon.com Black Friday offers: skip the long lines and the early hours and get these online deals from home, valid now and through the week
– Huffington Post Black Friday articles include store hours, shopping tips, store deals and more.
Here’s a run down for this week to keep you busy!
Monday, November 19th:
– American Express $25 statement credit card member offer – enroll your eligible American Express® Card to get $25 back one time when you spend $25 or more at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, November 24th. Enrollment is limited so act early (like after reading this!) before enrollments run out. Corporate and prepaid cards are not eligible. Please see web site for additional details.
– The Portland State University College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Hellenic Studies Department sponsors a dialog presentation “Thanks Giving; A Celebration and Exploration of Indigenous Traditions & the First Foods,” 11:00am – 1:00pm at the campus Native American Student & Community Center, free.
– Powell’s Books on Hawthorne hosts author Rachel Neumann and her new book “Not Quite Nirvana: A Skeptic’s Journey to Mindfulness,” 7:30pm, free.
Tuesday, November 20th:
– Lake Oswego Public Library presents Third Tuesday Author Pauls Toutonghi and his new book “Evel Knievel Days,” 7:00pm, free.
– K2uesdays at Clinton Street Theater presents snowboard flicks “Enlighten” and “Afterbang,” beginning at 7:30pm. Admission is just $2 for both movies, plus there will be giveaways.
– One night only: R. Kelly’s “Trapped in the Closet” Sing-Along (with on-screen subtitles of all the lyrics!), 9:30pm at the Hollywood Theater. Admission is just $7 for this amazing evening of fun, oh yeah!
Wednesday, November 21st:
– Baby Ketten Karaoke, 9:00pm at Ground Kontrol Arcade in Old Town. What is Baby Ketten Karaoke? Just come down early and find out about this very popular karaoke!
Thursday, November 22nd:
– Happy Thanksgiving!!
– 12th Annual Thanksgiving Feast-ival, 12:00pm – 4:00pm at North Portland’s Celebration Tabernacle. Community partners PROPER and non-profit soul food cafe, Po’Shines, team up to offer a free community Thanksgiving Day dinner.
– My Macy’s Holiday Parade, Friday 9:00am in downtown Portland. The 2012 My Macy’s Holiday Parade will feature 26 inflatable floats, local middle and high school marching bands, and nearly 550 costumed characters, community floats and more.
– Pioneer Courthouse Square Tree Lighting Ceremony begins at 5:30pm on Friday and will feature a community sing-a-long, free.
– Portland Art Museum Fourth Friday free admission from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Little Boxes city-wide shopping event on Black Friday and Saturday features Portland’s indie and local retail shopping scene with the chance to win great prizes.
– 30th anniversary Wine Country Thanksgiving, Firday – Sunday, features over 150 wineries with special tastings, live music, food pairings, and tours.
– Annual Oregon College of Art and Craft Student & Alumni Portland Holiday Sale, Friday – Sunday. There will be over 60 craft makers and artists selling their works. Located in the Jean Vollum Drawing, Painting, and Photography Building.
– America’s Largest Christmas & Holiday Bazaar runs Friday – Sunday on two weekends (11/23 – 11/25 and 11/30 – 12/02) at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $7.
– Free concert with the Asante Children’s Choir, Sunday 7:00pm at Celebration Tabernacle. The evening will also include a meet and greet including soul and African themed foods.