Article of the Week:
“Cyber Monday 2012: Best deals from Macy’s, Sears, Walmart, Kohl’s and others,” by Jason Henry McCormick for CBSNews.com.
Video of the Week:
“Who Will Have the Best Deals on Cyber Monday?” from NBC Today.
Monday, November 26th:
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Paper, Plastic, or Cotton Tote Bag? Life Cycle Assessments of Everyday Items,” 7:00pm at Hillsboro’s Venetian Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, minors welcome with adult 21 and over.
– History Pub Monday at McMenamins Kennedy School “From The Dalles to Astoria: Re-remembering Punjabis of early 1900s Oregon,” 7:00pm, free for all ages.
Tuesday, November 27th:
– “Everything You Wanted to Know About College (but Never Asked),” 4:00pm – 5:00pm at Hillsdale Library, free.
– Oregon Encyclopedia History Night at McMenamins Edgefield presents “The WPA in Oregon,” 6:30pm, free for all ages.
– Fundraiser for the PDX African American Film Festival, 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater with a screening of two films about the Civil Rights Movement. $5 admission, minor welcome with parent or guardian.
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Skulls: An Exploration of Alan Dudley’s Curious Collection,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, all ages are welcome.
Wednesday, November 28th:
– Ground Kontrol Last Wednesday Free Play Party, doors open at 5:00pm, pay a $5 cover to play all the pinball and classic video arcades games you want! 21 and over only.
– CrossCountry Skiing Basics Class, 7:00pm at Portland REI in the Pearl, free.
– Masks signing with author Chris Roberson, 7:00pm – 10:00pm at Things From Another World Broadway location.
Thursday, November 29th:
– Bicycle-related book events: “Hop in the Saddle: A Guide to Portland’s Craft Beer Scene, by Bike,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside; and “Fifty Places to Bike Before You Die,” 7:30pm at Powell’s Books on Hawthorne.