Article of the Week:
“The Best and Worst Things to Buy in December,” by Lindsay Sakraida for DealNews.com.
Monday, December 3rd:
– 4th Annual Bike Gallery “Bike the Lights” at Portland International Raceway’s Winter Wonderland, 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Admission is $6 for adults, under 13 free.
– OMSI Science Pub â€œGetting to the Heart of Nutrition: Health for a Lifetime,â€ 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $5 suggested donation, all ages welcome.
– Free film screening “The Life of Vesper Geer A Biographic Documentary,” by filmmaker Michael Turner. 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Admission is free, minor with parent or guardian.
– First Monday Authors in Pubs, 7:30pm – 9:30pm at the Jack London Bar beneath the Rialto Pool Room in downtown Portland. Free, 21 and over only.
Tuesday, December 4th:
– Red Robin Jim Day Celebration – any named gets a Jim Sweet Jim Beam Bacon Swiss Burger for free! Must bring ID to prove your name, no other purchase necessary.
– First Tuesday opening art exhibits at the Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center in downtown Hillsboro, 6:00pm â€“ 8:00pm, free. An opening reception and a house concert with Jackie Hicks on hammer dulcimer will be held.
– Free presentation “From A Name to A Number: A Holocaust Survivorâ€™s Story,” by author Alter Wiener, 6:30pm at the Hillsboro Public Library.
– First Tuesday Music series: 2jazzguitars performs, 7:00pm at the Lake Oswego Public Library, free.
Wednesday, December 5th:
– Wondrous Wednesday Discount Day at the World Forestry Center — admission is just $3 for all.
– Free musical performance “Keep the Lamps Burnin': Soulstice Celebration,” 6:30pm at Kenton Library.
– Free presentation “Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning,” 6:30pm at St Johns Library.
– Beaverton Wind Ensemble performs a free concert of poplular songs from 1925-1950, 7:00pm at Beaverton City Library Auditorium. Free for all ages.
Thursday, December 6th:
– Downtown Portland Holidates, 4:00pm – 7:00pm for special events in stores and restaurants and live merry music. See web site for details.
– First Thursday monthly art gallery event in downtown Portland, Old Town / Chinatown, Northwest and the Pearl. Click here for a printable walking map.