FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7th:
– Free. Target First Friday offers free admission to the Portland Children’s Museum from 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free. City of Beaverton Tree Lighting and Holiday Open House, 5:00pm – 9:00pm at the library, city park and downtown Beaverton.
– Free. Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
– $10. Found Footage Festival, 7:30pm & 9:30pm at the Laurelhurst Theater. This event showcases footage from videos that were found at garage sales and thrift stores and in warehouses and dumpsters across the country. Let the hilarity ensue!
– $6 adults. “cortandfatboy is dead: The Final Episode,” 9:00pm final show at McMenamins Bagdad Theater.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8th:
– Free. Library program “Think About the Future: Long-term Care,” 10:30am – 11:30am at Midland Library on SE 122nd.
– Free. 22nd Annual Tuba Christmas Concert, 1:30pm – 3:00pm at Pioneer Courthouse Square.
– Free. 5th Annual Big 300 Art Show, 2:00pm at The Peoples Art of Portland, opening reception on the 3rd floor of Pioneer Place Mall in downtown Portland.
– Free. Lewis & Clark Winter Choral Concert, 3:00pm at Agnes Flanagan Chapel on campus, open to the public.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9th:
– Free. Enter a Pioneer District SmartPark garage between 12:00pm – 2:00pm and get free parking all day. Elves will be greeting shoppers with vouchers when you enter the garage. Only valid at SmartPark garages at 3rd and Alder, 4th and Yamhill and 10th and Yamhill.
– Free. Crafty Underdog, 11:00am – 5:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. There will be live music, raffle, goody bags, kids’ table, movies and more.
– Free. Lewis & Clark Orchestra Concert, 3:00pm at the Agnes Flanagan Chapel. Open to the public.
– Free. Portland Scandinavian Chorus performs Norwegian Christmas music, 3:00pm at Central Lutheran Church.
– Free. Powell’s city of Books on Burnside presents author Seth Casteel and his new book “Underwater Dogs,” 7:30pm.
– Free. 2012 Christmas Ship Parade on the Columbia River and the Willamette River, please see web site for schedule and viewing locations.
– Free (suggested donation of $2.50 or more). Jane A. Theater Company presents “The Hullabaloo: Princess and the Pea,” 7:00pm Friday and 2:00pm & 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday at Theater!Theatre! on SE Belmont. Reserve free tickets online.
– Free. Crafty Wonderland Super Colossal Holiday Sale, 11:00am – 6:00pm at the Oregon Convention Center, features more than 250 artists and crafters. Free goodie bags to the first 150 shoppers each day.
– Sherman Clay Portland is going out of business, this your final weekend to save on a new piano as all inventory must go.
– $19.99. Last weekend to take advantage of sale pricing on the 2013 Portland edition Entertainment book, on sale for $19.99 through Sunday, includes free shipping. Each additional book is $15. This is an affiliate link, a purchase will help support this web site, hooray!