FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14th:
– Free. “Sacred Tibetan Art: World Peace Starts with a Meaningful Life,” 12:00pm presentation by the Venerable Geshe Tenphel from the Drepung Loseling Phukhang Monastery, Multnomah County Central Library.
– Free. Write Around Portland celebrates the release of their 40th anthology with readings from their fall workshop participants, 6:30pm at downtown Portland’s First United Methodist Church.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15th:
– $10.95 admission for 12 and up. Grand opening of the Portland Aquarium. Memberships are currently discounted 25% from the regular cost.
– Free. Musical performance “Holiday Joy” by the Intel Singers, 4:00pm at the Hillsboro Main Library.
– Free. Comic writer and illustrator Mike Mignola signs comics for his new series “Hellboy in Hell,” 7:00pm at Things From Another World (2916 NE Broadway).
– Free. The Portland premiere film screening of “The Weather Outside,” 9:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16th:
– Free. Holiday stage performance “Posada Milagro,” 2:00pm and 4:00pm at El Centro Milagro at 5th & SE Stark Street. Performance is free, but you must get the free general admission tickets beginning at 1:00pm on a first-come, first served basis. Presentation is in Spanish.
– Free. Tualatin Valley Community Band holiday concert, 3:00pm at Tigard High School.
– Free. 2012 Christmas Ship Parade on the Columbia River and the Willamette River, please see web site for schedule and viewing locations.
– Free (suggested donation of $2.50 or more). Jane A. Theater Company presents â€œThe Hullabaloo: Princess and the Pea,â€ 7:00pm Friday and 2:00pm & 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday at Theater!Theatre! on SE Belmont. Reserve free tickets online.
– Free. Peacock Lane turns on their holiday lights once again, beginning with pedestrian-only nights Saturday and Sunday 6:00pm – 11:00pm.
– Free. Portland Saturday Market Festival of the Last Minute, opens Saturday and runs all the way through until Christmas Eve. Bonus incentive: receive a Tri-Met ticket or two hours of free parking at any Smart Park with a minimum $25 purchase with any market member. The Smart Park garage located at NW Naito Boulevard & Davis Street.
– Free. Holiday musical performances at Pioneer Courthouse Square: Holy Cross Choir 5:30pm Friday; DanceFusion NW 1:00pm Saturday; Heart of the Valley Childrenâ€™s Choir 2:00pm Saturday; Centennial High School Choir 12:00pm Sunday; and Flute Alliance Holiday Flute Ensemble 1:00pm Sunday.
– Free. “Gifted 2, A Holiday Affair,” Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm, features over 50 local vendors. Hosted by ADX + Portland Made, free admission.
– For more great ideas on what to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline.