Article of the Week:
“Free Shipping Day Is a Bust,” by Laura Heller for DealNews.com.
Monday, December 17th:
– Free Shipping Day – More than 1,500 merchants will offer free shipping and other discounts with delivery by Christmas Eve.
– All week: 2012 Christmas Ship Parade on the Columbia River and the Willamette River, please see web site for schedule and viewing locations.
– All week: Portland Saturday Market Festival of the Last Minute at Portlandâ€™s historic Old Town. Bonus incentive: receive a Tri-Met ticket or two hours of free parking at any Smart Park with a minimum $25 purchase with any market member. The Smart Park garage is located at NW Naito Boulevard & Davis Street.
– All week: Peacock Lane, 6:00pm – 11:00pm nightly.
Tuesday, December 18th:
– Pioneer Courthouse Square holiday musical performance with Cloud 9, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, free.
– Oregon Humanities Holiday Party, 4:30pm – 7:00pm at the Cleaners in downtown Portland. $5 suggested donation.
Wednesday, December 19th:
– Sack lunch concert at the Old Church, 12:00pm – 1:00pm, features organist Michael Barnes performing a concert of Presbyterian Christmas favorites, free.
– Pioneer Courthouse Square holiday musical performance with Aloha High School Choir, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, free.
– Free performance by the NW Kid’s Company “London to London,” 7:00pm at Tualatin Public Library.
Thursday, December 20th:
– Pioneer Courthouse Square holiday musical performance with Holy Trinity Choir, 12:00pm – 12:30pm, free.
– Downtown Portland Holidates, 4:00pm â€“ 7:00pm for special events in stores and restaurants and live merry music. See web site for details.
– Special preview of new guestrooms at McMenamins Kennedy School, 5:00pm until late, free for all ages.