Friday, January 18th:
– $5 admission: Comedy Night at McMenamins Bagdad Theater, 10:30pm showtime, 21 and over only.
Saturday, January 19th:
– National Day of Service, spend part of this weekend on a service project and serve with others in our community! Hands on Portland has plenty of listings online for the United Way MLK Weekend of Service.
– Free: Library program “Hands-On Pupusa Class,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Capitol Hill Library. Drop-ins are welcome but space is limited, so registration is highly encouraged to ensure a place in the class. Register online or by calling 503-988-5385. Yum!
– Free: Library dialogue “The Ties that Bind: Interweaving Domestic and Civic Life,” 2:00pm – 3:30pm at the Central Library.
– Free: Third Saturday Art & Wine Walk in downtown McMinnville, 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free: People of Peopleâ€™s Art of Portland opening reception, 5:00pm – 9:00pm on the 3rd floor of downtown Portland’s Pioneer Place Mall.
Sunday, January 20th:
– Free: NFL Final Four – 12:00pm kick-off San Francisco 49ers at the Atlanta Falcons and 3:30pm kickoff Baltimore Ravens at the New England Patriots. Catch the action at McMenamins St Johns Theater and the Bagdad Backstage Bar.
Monday, January 21st:
– Free: Admission to the Oregon Historical Society, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day events, listed by Oregonlive.com.
– Free admission: Brides for a Cause Charity Wedding Dress Sale. Friday and Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm at the Laurelhurst Club. Open to the public, enjoy free donuts in the morning.
– $10 general adult admission: The Beaverton Symphony Orchestra performs their winter concert “A Night at the Opera,” 7:30pm Friday and 3:30pm Saturday at Village Baptist Church.
– $12 general adult admission: ChocolateFest 2013, 11:00am – 6:00pm Saturday & 11:00am – 5:00pm Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center. Ticket price includes admission to ChocolateFest, all the presentations, and free samples that vendors are giving out.
– Free – $20 depending on performance: Portland Old Time Music Gathering, Thursday – Sunday at various locations around Portland, check out the free performance at McMenamins Mission Theater at 1:30pm Sunday.
For more ideas on what to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline!