Friday, February 1st:
– Free. Target First Friday offers free admission to the Portland Children’s Museum from 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free. Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Saturday, February 2nd:
– Free: REI Portland Used Gear Sale, 9:00am – 4:00pm. Come early for best selection.
– Free: Tax help from trained tax preparers, 12:00pm – 5:00pm at the Woodstock Library. Sign-up for same-day appointments starts at 10 a.m.
– Free: Lunar New Year Celebration, 1:00pm – 3:00pm at Gregory Heights Library.
– Free: Author presentation by Polina Olsen and her book “Portland in the 1960s: Stories from the Counterculture,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Belmont Library.
– Free: Library program “Rain and the Brain,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at Midland Library. Learn more about how short days and overcast skies can affect your mood and energy level in this presentation.
– Free: Library program “Native American Hoop Dance,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Central Library.
– Free: PlayWrite, Inc. presents “WORD.VOICE” 3:00pm at the Ellyn Bye Studio inside the Gerding Theater. This event is a showcase of original works by local youth, performed by professional actors.
Sunday, February 3rd:
– Free: the 2013 Super Bowl, San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens, 3:30pm kick off, catch the action on CBS.
– Free: REI Portland Used Gear Sale Clearance; a selection of items not sold on Saturday’s sale will be offered at 50% on Sunday from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
– $2 general admission. OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am – 5:30pm. PGE will be hosting special activities all day for OMSI’s new exhibit “Renewable Energy/Energía Renovable.”
– Free: Library program “Uke Can Do It,” 3:00pm – 4:00pm at the Capitol Hill Library.
– $5 general admission: 4th annual PDX African American Film Festival, with “Red Tails” at 6:00pm Friday night, and “Sing Your Song” at 7:00pm on Saturday. Additionally, Saturday features a free Youth Film Festival from 11:00am – 3:00pm.
– $5 admission Friday, $2 suggested donation Saturday: Buckman Art Show and Sell, 5:00pm – 9:00pm Friday and 10:00am – 5:00pm Saturday at Buckman Arts Focus Elementary School.
– Various admission costs: The Portland Area Theatre Alliance’s Fertile Ground Festival wraps up this weekend with a variety of performances and new works of art, please see web site for schedule, venues and admission costs.