FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH:
– $5 general admission: Jenkins Estate Chocolate Fantasy, 3:00pm – 9:00pm at the historic Jenkins Estate in Beaverton. Features chocolatiers, bakeries, wine tasting, door prizes and samples.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH:
– Free: Red Tail Angels-Black Fighter Pilots in WWII book talk, 1:30pm – 2:30pm at the Beaverton City Library Auditorium.
– Free: Lake Oswego Reads program runs all month long and Saturday’s program features a Peace Corps presentation and Rwanda Day at the book store.
– Free: library program “Why Arenâ€™t There More Black People in Oregon? A Hidden History,” 2:00pm – 3:30pm at the Belmont Library.
– Free: 3:15pm Sunflower Dancing Troup and 4:00pm Lee On Dong Benevolent Association Lion Dance at Beaverton’s Uwajimaya Asian Grocery.
– Free: Rick Meyersâ€™ Old Time Music Show, 2:30pm – 3:30pm at the Hillsboro Main Library. Best for ages 5-12.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH:
– Free: Portland Taiko performance, 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Beaverton City Library.
– Free: library program “Lunar New Year Celebration,” 3:00pm – 4:30pm at the Woodstock Library.
– $5 with a bag $10 without: Modified Style Portland Clothing Swap, 3:00pm – 7:00pm at BridgePort Brewery. All ages welcome, find great menâ€™s and womenâ€™s clothing, shoes and accessories in all sizes.
– Free: Classical Pub presents the Delphinium Quartet, 6:30pm at McMenamins John Barleycorns in Tigard. All ages welcome.
– Free: AMC’s the Walking Dead is back, catch it on the big screen at McMenamins St. Johns Theater & Pub, 7:00pm; minors okay with adult. Please note that the Hollywood Theater is no longer screening the series.
– 23rd Cascade Festival of African Films screens the film “Otelo Burning ” at 7:30pm on Friday and the film “Grey Matter” at 7:30pm on Saturday. All films are free and open to the public on a first-come, first-seated basis at the PCC Cascade Campus.
– Free: One Motorcycle Show, Friday – Sunday at Sandbox Studio features custom motorcycles and live music.
– Submission from Alisa: “The Northwest Family & Kids Festival will be held at the Washington County Fair Complex on Saturday and Sunday February 9th & 10th, 2013. This is the only family event of its kind on the west side and offers an incredible amount of ideas for kids and families ranging from: entertainment, education, nutrition, health care, vacations, safety and more!” Admission is just $10 per family; with the $2 coupon available online, the cost comes down to $8.
– For more ideas on what to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline!