Article of the Week:
“23 Best Travel Sites to Save You Money,” by Stacy Rapacon for Kiplinger.com.
Monday, February 18th:
– Free admission to the Japanese Garden, 10:00am – 4:00pm.
– Value Village Bring on Spring 50% off sale, 9:00am – 9:00pm on clothing, shoes, accessories and bedding/bath items.
Tuesday, February 19th:
– Free library program “Resumes & Cover Letters,” 6:00pm – 8:00pm at the Beaverton Library.
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Artificial Photosynthesis: Learning from Natureâ€™s Solar Energy Strategies,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, all ages welcome.
– Free lecture “The Olympic Games – Beyond the Celebration,” 7:00pm at Hillsboro’s Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center as part of their Spoken Word series.
– “Oregon Civics 101,” with Representative Tobias Read. 7:00pm – 8:30pm at the Garden Home Library, free.
– Free library program “Travel Switzerland,” 7:00pm at the Tigard Public Library. Jonathan Larsen from Switzerland Tourism will be present about traveling in the land of the Alps.
Wednesday, February 20th:
– Library program “Why Arenâ€™t There More Black People in Oregon? A Hidden History,” 6:00pm at the St Johns Library.
Thursday, February 21st:
– Powell’s book event with authors Chris Crowley and Jen Sacheck and their new book “Thinner This Year,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
– The PSU Department of Music and Institute for Asian Studies present a Korean Art Music Concert: â€œReworked: New Compositions for Korean Gayageum & Piano,” 7:30pm at the PSU Lincoln Recital Hall, room 75. Free and open to the public.
– OPB and Maser Films present “The White Salmon River Runs Free,” 8:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. Free, minors okay with parent or guardian.