Friday, February 22nd:
– Free: 7-ElevenÂ®â€™s â€˜Fabulous Fresh Foods Fridayâ€™ offers free food samples from 7:00am – 7:00pm at select locations — please visit web site for listing of the seven locations in Portland and Tigard that will be participating in this event.
– Free: Portland Art Museum free admission from 5:00pm – 8:00pm, includes a free program “Reservation Blues: Changing Landscapes in Native American Art,” at 6:00pm.
– $10 at the door: 8th annual Works: An Art Happening, 7:00pm – 11:00pm at the Old Church in downtown Portland.
– Free: The PSU School of Music and Institute for Asian Studies present an East Asian Zither concert â€œFrom Asia to Zither,” 7:30pm at PSU Lincoln Recital Hall, room 75. Open to the public.
Saturday, February 23rd:
– Free: McMenamins 20th Annual Hillsdale Brewfest, 10:00am until late at the Hillsdale Brewery & Public House.
– Free: McMenamins Grand Lodge Wedding Open House, 11:00am – 4:00pm out in Forest Grove. Free for all ages.
– Free: Hands-On Pupusa class, 11:00am – 12:00pm at the Fairview-Columbia Library. YUM!
– Free: National College of Natural Medicine offers an open house “Heart Health â€“ Naturally!” 1:00pm – 5:00pm at their campus on Corbett Avenue. There will be free presentations, free exams, giveaways and more. Please see web site to reserve an appointment for a free exam.
– Free: Library program “Snow Globes,” 1:30pm – 2:30pm at the Rockwood library. Artist Addie Boswell (she’s really awesome!) will help you create your very own homemade snow globe, yeah!
– Free: Library program “Tax Time 101,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Belmont library.
– $5 general admission: Chief Joe Rocks! A benefit concert for Chief Joseph Elementary, 4:00pm at St Johns Theater & Pub, all ages welcome.
Sunday, February 24th:
– Free: The 90-Second Newbery Film Festival, 12:30pm – 2:00pm at the US Bank Room inside the Multnomah County Central Library. Free tickets available 30 minutes in advance. A second screening repeats at 3:00pm.
– Free: 85th annual Academy Awards show, catch it on the big screen at various McMenamins theaters. Doors open at 2:00pm, screens at 4:00pm.
– $8 advance, $15 at the door: Moshpit Night at the Oscars, 3:00pm until the end at the Bob White Theater on SE Foster Road.
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Timber Hawkeye and his new book “Buddhist Boot Camp,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
– $10 general admission (under the age of 12 are free): Portland Spring Home & Garden Show, now through Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Please see web site for hours and to download a $2 off admission coupon. Don’t forget the fee for parking!
– Free: 23rd Cascade Festival of African Films screens the film “Pegasus” 7:30pm on Friday; the films “Mwansa the Great” and “Zarafa” at 2:00pm Saturday; and “Maami” at 7:30pm Saturday. All films are free and open to the public on a first-come, first-seated basis and are played at the PCC Cascade Campus Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building, Room 104.
– Free: Bike N Hike 42nd anniversary sale runs February 22nd – March 10th with all merchandise discounted 10 – 60% off.