Friday, March 1st:
– Free. Target First Friday offers free admission to the Portland Children’s Museum from 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free. Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
– Free: Portlandia season finale, 7:00pm and repeats at 10:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Minors with parent are okay for the first screening; 21 and over thereafter.
– $5 general admission: Atencion Gringo comedy night at McMenamins Bagdad Theater, 8:00pm, ages 21 and over only.
Saturday, March 2nd:
– Free: Tualatin REI Used Gear sale, 9:00am – 2:00pm, come early for best selection.
– $8 general adult admission: Lewis and Clark College 48th Annual International Fair, 11:00am – 4:00pm, features international food, cultural displays and performances.
– Free: McMenamins Grand Lodge 91st Birthday celebration features music beginning at 3:00pm and lasting all day for all ages.
– Free: St Johns Natural History Pub Night, 6:30pm – 7:30pm at Occidental Brewing / Cathedral Park Place Courtyard.
Sunday, March 3rd:
– $2 general admission. OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am – 5:30pm.
– Free: Oregon Buddhist Temple 2013 Spring Food Bazaar, Sunday 11:00am – 3:00pm, free admission, food costs range from $7.00 – $8.50 per entree.
– Free: Workshop “Gardens of Eatin': Edible Landscaping,” 1:00pm – 2:00pm at Garden Fever in NE Portland. Advance registration required; call Garden Fever at 503-287-3200
– Free: Documentary film: “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead,” 2:00pm at the Hollywood Library.
– Bicycle spring sales galore at multiple bike shops in the area, including Fat Tire Farm’s 12th annual Hair of the Dog Sale, River City Bicycles 18th Anniversary Sale, Bike N Hike’s 42nd Anniversary Sale and West End Bike’s Anniversary Sale. Save from 10% – 60% off bicycles, accessories and more.
– Free: New Seasons Market celebrates their 13 year anniversary this Saturday and Sunday with free banana cake (11:00am – 5:00pm).
– $7 general admission: Antiques and Collectibles Show, Saturday and Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Parking is $8. Over 1,000 booths!
– Free: The 10th annual SE Area ARTWalk is Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am – 5:00pm and “will allow you the opportunity to go on a free, self-guided tour by visiting the studios, home workspaces, galleries, host homes and businesses within the boundaries of SE 9th – SE 41st & SE Hawthorne to SE Powell Boulevard.”
– Free: The 23rd Annual Cascade Festival of African Films concludes this Friday night at 7:30pm with “Ties That Bind” and Saturday 2:00pm with “A Lot Like You,” and 7:30pm “Playing Warriors.” Free and open to the public on a first-come, first-seated basis.
– Free: Celebration of Creativity Annual Fine Art and Exhibit Sale, Friday – Sunday at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton. Admission is free (except the Saturday night concert) and there is plenty of free parking.
– Free: Bank of America’s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum and the Portland Children’s Museum this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.