Friday, March 8th:
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Thubten Chodron’s book “Don’t Believe Everything You Think: Living with Wisdom and Compassion,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
Saturday, March 9th:
– Free: Hands-on Cinnamon Rolls Class for teens, 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Gresham library. Bring your rolling pin, taste some samples, and leave with a mini-pan of rolls to bake at home.
– Free: Portland Timbers Pregame Party and match viewing for the Timber’s home game against Montreal, beginning at 5:30pm with live music at McMenamins Ringlers Pub. All ages welcome.
Sunday, March 10th:
– Free: “Lose an Hour, Gain a Doughnut” promotion at Krispy Kreme — just visit their store today and receive one free Original Glazed Doughnut per guest.
– Free: Clackamas REI Used Gear Sale, 11:00am – 2:00pm. Come early for best selection.
– Free: Portland Opera Preview of “Rinaldo,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at Multnomah County Central Library’s Collins Gallery.
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Geoffrey C. Arnold’s book “Cascadia Clash: Sounders vs. Timbers,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnise.
– Free – various admission prices: 3rd annual March Music Moderne festival runs until March 23rd and features over ten free performances including the Marz String Trio this Friday, 8:00pm at Community Music Center and 1:00pm Saturday at Mt Tabor Park with Soundwalk. Please see web site for complete schedule and updates.
– $5 general admission: Comedy Grab Bag variety show, 8:00pm on Satuday and Sunday at Action/Adventure Theatre.
– $5 – $10 admission ticket: “A Wall is a Road,” performs at the Portland Actors Conservatoryâ€™s historic Firehouse Theatre in downtown Portland, Friday at 7:30pm and Saturday at 2:00pm. Professional actors perform stories written by people with mental illness diagnoses at the National Alliance on Mental Illness Center of Washington County.
– Portland Metro Dealers 55th RV Show, 11:00am â€“ 8:00am Friday â€“ Saturday and 11:00am â€“ 6:00pm on Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Admission is $9 for adults; visit the web site and print off a 2 for 1 admission coupon.
– Final days of multiple bicycle spring sales in the area, including Fat Tire Farmâ€™s 12th annual Hair of the Dog Sale, River City Bicycles’ 18th Anniversary Sale, Bike N Hikeâ€™s 42nd Anniversary Sale and West End Bikeâ€™s Anniversary Sale. Save from 10% â€“ 60% off bicycles, accessories and more.
Submission: 5th Avenue Cinema, on the Portland State University campus, offers free/cheap movies which are open to the public. Most showtimes are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We screen an eclectic selection of camp, cult, classic, and contemporary independent and mainstream films. Oregon’s only student run cinema has been operating non-profit since 1989. Our goals are to provide further education for PSU students interested in film, as well as a fun place for people to see something they wouldnâ€™t ordinarily get to see on the big screen. The general public is always invited to attend and there is FREE popcorn at every show.
Admission prices are as follows:
FREE for PSU students, faculty, staff & alumni w/ID.
$2 for all other students & seniors.
$3 General Admission.
This weekend the 5th Avenue Cinema screens the 1983 classic “The Big Chill.”