Article of the Week:
“McMinnville offers a great off-season, low budget getaway with the kids just an hour from Portland,” by Jennifer Nice for the Oregonian March 10th, 2013.
Monday, March 11th:
– Award Ceremony and Reception for “Everybody Reads” short story contest, 11:00am – 5:00pm at PSU’s Native American Student and Community Center. Free for all ages.
– Portland Center for the Performing Arts Volunteer Program Noontime Showcase presents “Portland Opera To Go: Mozart’s The Magic Flute,” 12:00pm – 1:00pm. Located in the Rotunda of Antoinette Hatfield Hall, Portland Center for the Performing Arts, 1111 SW Broadway in downtown Portland. Free for all ages.
– OMSI Science Pub presents “Frankenstein’s Cat: Cuddling Up to Biotech’s Brave New Beasts,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, minor okay accompanied by parent or guardian.
– Powell’s book event with author Joel Magnuson and his book “The Approaching Great Transformation: Toward a Livable Post Carbon Economy,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
Tuesday, March 12th:
– Oregon Zoo Second Tuesday offers discounted admission for just $4 for all. Ride the MAX or bus and show proof of fare and receive an additional $1.50 off.
– Job Hunting Over 50 workshop, 6:00pm at the Beaverton City Library, free.
– Pre-broadcast screening of OPB’s Oregon Experience “Tom McCall,” 6:30pm at McMenamins Bagdad Theater. Free, minor with parent or guardian.
– Free lecture, Race Talks: “Hate Crimes in Oregon,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School. Minor or parent with guardian.
– Alder Creek and Willamette River Keepers present the premiere of “This is the Sea 5,” 7:00pm at McMeanmins Mission Theater. $5 per person, 21 and over only.
Wednesday, March 13th:
– Free “World Travel Workshop” with travelers from Hostelling International – USA, 6:30pm at Tualatin REI.
– Irish program “An Irish Ceili : Concert and Dance,” 6:30pm at the Tigard Public Library, free for all ages.
– Presentation “Simon Benson: Lumber King, Civic Leader, Visionary,” 6:30pm at the Cedar Mill Public Library, free for all ages.
Thursday, March 14th:
– Presentation “Seeds to Supper: Vegetable Gardening,” 6:00pm at the Hillsboro Main Library, free. Learn the process of starting your own vegetable garden.
– Great Northwest Music Tour presents Cody Beebe and The Crooks, 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School. Free, all ages welcome.