Friday, March 15th:
– Free: Mazamas’ Used Equipment Sale, 6:00pm – 8:00pm for the general public at the Mazama Mountaineering Center at 43rd and SE Stark.
-Free: Musical performance by Innisfree, 7:00pm – 8:00pm at the Cedar Mill Community Library’s upstairs meeting room.
Saturday, March 16th:
– Free: REI Portland Used Gear Sale, 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Pearl District location. Come early for best selection, all sales are final.
– Free: Title Wave Used Bookstoreâ€™s 25th Anniversary Sale, 9:00am – 5:00pm, save 55% off all used items. Come early for best selection!
– Free: Workhsop “Itâ€™s Not Just About the Piggy Bank: Teaching Your Kids About Money,” 12:00pm – 1:00m at the Multnomah County Library Sellwood-Moreland location.
– Free: Metro Naturalist Gardening Program workshop “Gardens of Eatin’ Basic Vegetable Gardening,” 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Cooper Mountain Nature House. Please register in advance by calling 503/629-6350.
– Free: Community Resource Fair, 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the Tualatin Public Library. Families at the resource fair will be able to talk to and receive information from local businesses and organizations.
– Free: McMinnville Downtown Associations Third Saturday Art and Wine Walk, 4:00pm – 8:00pm features an evening of art, wine, music and refreshments.
– Free (plus cost of drinks): 2nd annual Lepre-Con ‘Luck of the Irish’ Pub Crawl, 11:30am – late night, please abide by the rules and enjoy a full day of bar crawling with no cover charge.
Sunday, March 17th:
– Free: REI Hillsboro Used Gear sale, 10:00am – 3:00pm at the Streets of Tanasbourne location. Come early for best selection, all sales are final.
– Free: REI Portland Used Gear Clearance sale, 10:00am – 4:00pm at the Pearl District location. A selection of items not sold on Saturday’s sale will be offered at 50% on Sunday.
– Free: Music performance by the Enso String Quartet, 12:30pm – 1:30pm at the Multnomah County Central Library Collins Gallery.
– Free: Musical performance by the Enso String Quartet, 3:30pm – 4:30pm at the Beaverton City Library.
– Free: Powell’s book event with Pike Place head fishmonger Anders Miller and his book “In the Kitchen with the Pike Place Fish Guys,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside.
– Free – various admission costs: St. Patrick’s Day festivals and celebrations, please check out listings at McMenamins, Oregonlive and PDXPipeline for ideas.
– Free: Pass It On Children’s Consignment Sale, Thursday – Sunday in Hillsboro at NW Evergreen & Cornelius Pass Road. Over 90,000 items including clothes, toys, books, equipment, furniture and more.
– Free: The Portland State University School of Theatre and Film presents the Festival of Short Plays, Friday at 7:30pm and Saturday at 2:00pm. Catch the performances at Lincoln Hall Studio Theatre (LH 115).
– Free â€“ various admission prices: 3rd annual March Music Moderne festival runs until March 23rd and features over ten free performances including flute and guitar music at 12:00 Saturday and a performance by Friends of Rain at 7:30pm Saturday. Please see web site for complete schedule and updates.
Submission from Martha:
We are throwing a Saint Patricks day bar crawl all weekend long in Portland. Tickets are only $5 for a one day event. Here is the description:
Party it up for the Official St. Paddyâ€™s Day Bar Crawl! The infamous luck of the Irish is hitting Portland with three days of fun, featuring the best bars to fulfill all of your Leprechaun desires! Get the One Day Bar Crawl Registration Ticket or celebrate the entire weekend and purchase the 3-Day Bar Crawl Pass which allows you access to all three parties from Friday, March 15th – Sunday, March 17th. Whether youâ€™re Irish or looking for an excuse to party, this bar crawlâ€™s one youâ€™re not gonna want to miss! So grab your lucky charms, pick out your greenest attire and start crawlinâ€™ for that pot of gold.
For more information or to purchase tickets go to barcrawls.com/portland
Kickoff Party 3/15 from 5-close
Bar crawl 3/16 from 11-2am
Bar crawl 2/17 from 12-2am