Friday, April 5th:
– Free: Target First Friday offers free admission to the Portland Childrenâ€™s Museum from 4:00pm â€“ 8:00pm.
– Free: Central Eastside Arts District First Friday Art Openings, 6:00pm â€“ 9:00pm.
– Free: 2Jazz Guitars Concert, 6:30pm – 7:30pm at the Hillsboro Main Library.
– Free: Growing Fruit Trees presentation, 7:00pm – 8:30pm at the Tigard Public Library.
– $6 – $8: 80’s Video Dance Attack 8th Anniversary Party, 8:00pm at McMenamins Crystal Ballroom. 21 and over only.
Saturday, April 6th:
– Free: Ko-Falen Cultural Center Poetry Exchange, 12:00pm – 2:00pm at downtown Portland’s Director Park.
– Free: “lone goose: the papers of a working fine press,” Opening Reception, 2:00pm at the Multnomah County Central Library.
– Free: Classical Indian Dance Demonstration and Lecture by Jayanthi Raman Dance Company, 3:00pm – 5:00pm at the Beaverton City Library. Free and open to the public. No registration required.
– Free – $$$: Portland Timbers vs Houston Dynamo, 7:30pm home game at Jeld-Wen Field. If you can’t afford a ticket, then catch the action for free at numerous bars around town with these official pub partners or at McMenamins.
Sunday, April 7th:
– Free: the Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center will offer free admission from 12:00pm – 3:00pm.
– $2 general admission: OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am â€“ 5:30pm.
– Free: Seed to Supper: Beginning Gardening on a Small Budget, 1:00pm – 2:30pm at the Midland Library. This event is part of a series that has 5 sessions. Registration must happen before the start of the first session and you will be registered for the whole series.
– Free: The Living Roots of Music with Lauren Pelon, 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Tigard Public Library.
– Free: Jayanthi Raman’s Indian Dance Outreach, 2:30pm – 3:30pm at the Hillsboro Main Library. Similar event as presented at Saturday’s Beaverton Library.
– Free: Music for a Sunday Afternoon: Dtq: duo/trio/quattro, 3:00pm at the Collins Gallery inside the Multnomah County Central Library.
– Free: final weekend of “Downtown Springs into Color” event with over 25 retailers holding trunk shows, parties and style galore.
– $7 general admission Friday & Saturday; $4 general admission on Sunday; ages 12 and under are free all three days: 49th Annual Portland Swap Meet, Friday – Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. Presented by six Portland Oregon area antique car clubs, the Portland Swap Meet is the largest auto parts swap meet on the west coast with approximately 3,500 vendor stalls.
– Free: Cherry Blossom Bazaar “A Rummage Sale of Japanese Treasures,” Friday and Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm in Old Town Portland. Something for every age, taste, and budget! Choose from an eclectic array of Japanese collectibles, objects, and furniture. Items from 25Â¢. All proceeds benefit Oregon Nikkei Endowment.
– Free: 33rd Annual Trillium Festival and Native & Hardy Plant Sale, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm at Tryon Creek State Natural Area.
– Free: Bank of Americaâ€™s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum and the Portland Childrenâ€™s Museum this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.