Friday, April 19th:
– $7: Homegrown DocFest A-WOL Dance Collective, 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Ticket sale proceeds benefit NW Documentary programs. 21 and over only.
Saturday, April 20th:
– Submission from Elaura: “The Eagles Lodge at 50th and Hawthorne hosts a monthly rummage sale. Next one is April 20th. Suggested donation at the door is $1. There’s a DJ, cheap beer and highballs, and about three dozen vendors (vendors change every month since there’s a super long waiting list to sell) hawking garage-sale type stuff.”
– Free: Record Store Day, celebrating all the record stores across America with special in-store appearances, performances, CD releases and more.
– Free: Southeast Grind 4 Year Anniversary, celebrating all day and all night long with $1 lattes and $1 chais plus other special events, please see schedule online.
– Free: SOLVE IT Earth Day, 9:00am – 1:00pm, join thousands of volunteers to help pick up litter, pull invasive weeds, plant trees and enhance habitat at over 200 project sites across the state. Sign up online.
– Free: Tualatin REI Used Gear Sale, 9:00am – 2:00pm. Items are one-of-a-kind; come early for best selection. All sales are final.
– $5 general admission, children 12 & under are free: Portland’s Largest Garage Sale, 8:00am – 5:00pm at the Portland Expo Center. Goody bags will be given to the first 300 shoppers.
– Free: Presentation “Break It Down: Exploring Hip Hop’s Musical and Cultural Odyssey,” 2:00pm at the Midland Library.
– Free: Presentation “Shanghai Tunnels and Salty Dogs: Portland’s Lost Waterfront,” 3:00pm at the Multnomah County Central Library US Bank room.
– Free: New Belgium Street Fest, 3:00pm – 9:00pm on Clinton Street at SE 26th Avenue. This is part of the larger Filmed By Bike event, see web site for ticketing info.
– Free: People’s Art of Portland “Oregonology” art opening, 5:00pm – 9:00pm at downtown’s Pioneer Place Mall, 3rd floor.
Sunday, April 21st:
– Free: Workshop for parents “It’s Not Just About the Piggy Bank: Teaching Your Kids About Money,” 2:00pm at the Midland Library.
– Free: Portland Timbers vs San Jose Quakers, Away Match Viewing party 8:00pm at McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Lola’s Room and Ringlers Pub. All ages welcome.
– Free: Art of the Story, the 9th Annual Storytelling Festival, final days on Friday and Saturday at area locations in Washington County.
– $85 weekend pass or individual tickets: Bridgetown Comedy Festival, now – Sunday at multiple venues around Portland.
– Free – $$$: Jewish Federation of Greater Portland presents the Food for Thought Festival, now – Sunday at venues across Portland. The festival features nationally and locally celebrated writers, artists and performers to share their wisdom and their work. Please see web site schedule for listing of events that are free of charge.
– $12 general admission: Body Mind Spirit Expo, Saturday and Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center. Features over 90 exhibitors and 70 presentations on all areas of new thought, the expo truly has something for everyone. Admission includes a $5 gift certificate from New Renaissance Bookshop for the first 1,000 attendees. Web site also offers a $2 off admission coupon.