Article of the Week:
“Drugstore beauty products that are worth more than you pay (part 1),” by Amanda Storey for the Yahoo Fashion and Beauty blog.
Monday, April 22nd:
– Baby’s Bottom Dollar Sale opens to the public at 12:00pm for an upscale children’s consignment sale in over 17,000 square feet of space. The sale will be held in Beaverton at the Canyon Shopping Center and runs through Saturday.
– Earth Day Festival, 11:00am – 4:00pm at the Portland State University South Park Blocks near the student union. Free.
– Free workshop “Preserving your Photos & Memorabilia,” 6:30pm at the Cedar Mill Community Library. Reserve your seat by calling the reference desk at 503 644-0043 ext. 114.
Tuesday, April 23rd:
– Free workshop “Money Smart Week: Avoiding Scams in Today’s Technology,” 6:00pm at the Beaverton City Library.
– Free seminar “My Money, Your Money â€¦ Our Money: We Can Talk About It,” 6:45pm at the Capitol Hill Library.
– Nerd Nite #2: “National Security, Ballet? and Goats, and Life from Outer Space,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Tickets are $8, minor admitted with parent or guardian.
Wednesday, April 24th:
– Comics Book Buzz, 5:30pm – 7:30pm at the Multnomah County Central Library US Bank Room. Free admission, presented in connection with the Stumptown Comics Festival.
– Free workshop “Money Smart Week: Surviving Financial Setbacks,” 6:00pm at the Beaverton City Library.
– Free workshop “A New Beginning: Retirement Planning and Personal Financial Management,” 6:00pm at the Tigard Public Library. To register, please call 503-718-2517.
– Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America present “Pacific Northwest Reading Series,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School. Free for all ages.
– Powell’s book event with author Jon Bell and his book “On Mount Hood: A Biography of Oregon’s Perilous Peak,” 7:30pm at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside. Free.
Thursday, April 24th:
– PCC Brown Bag Lunch and Learn series presents “The Bull’s-Eye Resume – Hitting the Mark,” 12:00pm at the Multnomah County Central Library US Bank room. Free.
– Free documentary film screening “The Greatest Good,” 6:30pm at Portland’s REI. Register online.
– Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe presents the 2013 Reel Paddling Film Festival, 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. Admission is $6, 21 and over only.
– Last Thursday on Alberta is back and offers the first annual Bar Crawl, 6:00pm – 10:00pm.