Friday, April 26th:
– Free: Portland Art Museum offers free admission from 5:00pm – 8:00pm on the fourth Friday of every month.
– Free (with suggested $5 donation): Read Like You Mean It, An Anniversary Party, 7:00pm at Literary Arts in downtown Portland.
– Free: Stumptown Comics Fest Kickoff Party, 7:00pm at Things From Another World on NE Broadway.
– $5 admission: Plan 9 From Outer Space Interactive!, 8:30pm at McMenamins Mission Theater.
Saturday, April 27th:
– Free: Used Gear Sale at Portland REI in the Pearl District, 9:00am – 4:00pm. Items are one-of-a-kind; come early for the best selection.
– Free: Sherwood Public Library Used Book Sale, 10:00am – 4:00pm.
– Free: 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade and Carnival Days, starting at 10:00am with free pony rides, music, performances, community fair and more.
– Free (until 8:00pm): Crown the Eagle Festival: A Polish Heritage Celebration, 11:00am – late at McMenamins White Eagle Saloon. Features Polish arts and crafts booth, history presentation, storytelling, live music and more.
– Free: Library program “Trailer Food Diaries Portland Edition: Meet the Author,” 1:00pm at the Hillsdale Library.
– Free: Library program “Tigard: Images of a Farming Community,” 1:00pm at the Tigard Public Library.
– Free: “Gardens of Eatin': Advanced Vegetable Gardening,” workshop 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Beaverton’s Cooper Mountain Nature Park. Event includes complimentary coupons and publications. Advance registration required; call THPRD at 503-629-6350
– Free: Library workshop “Name That Tree! Get to Know the Trees in Your Neighborhood,” 2:00pm at the Holgate Library. Registration required online, seats are still available.
Sunday, April 28th:
– Free: Used Gear Sale Clearance at Portland REI in the Pearl District, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Select items not sold at Saturday’s 4/27 Used Gear Sale will be offered at a discount.
– Free: Women’s Works Health Fair, 1:00pm at Portland Adventist Medical Center. From web site: “Indulge in an afternoon of events and activities that will tantalize your senses and enhance your well-being. Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit! Experience learning opportunities and giveaway items from dozens of exhibitors.” Space is limited and reservations are required, please call 503-256-4000 to RSVP.
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Laura Foster and her book “Portland Hill Walks: 24 Explorations in Parks and Neighborhoods, Completely Revised and Expanded,” 2:00pm at Powell’s Books on Hawthorne.
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Augusten Burroughs and his new book “This Is How: Surviving What You Think You Can’t,” 2:00pm at Powell’s Books on Burnside.
– Free: Friends of the Hillsboro Library bi-annual book sale begins at 10:00am Friday and runs through Sunday, May 5th.
– Free: Canstruction exhibition, now – Sunday at Pioneer Place Mall. Check out over 100,000 cans of food built up into cool structures!
– Free: Just Between Friends consignment sale, Saturday and Sunday at the Portland Expo Center. If you want to shop before the public does, consider the Prime Time Shopping Pass for Friday ($10, first 100 people only).
– Free: The Oregon Potters Association presents the 31st annual Ceramic Showcase and Gathering of the Guilds, Friday- Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center. This is the nation’s largest show and sale of pottery, sculpture, garden art, home accessories and other works in clay exhibited in 170+ booths.
– Free: Friends of the Multnomah County Library Spring Used Book Sale, Saturday and Sunday at Gresham Station Shopping Center. Sunday’s sale is 50% discount day.
– $10 general admission: 10th Annual Stumptown Comics Fest, Saturday and Sunday at the Oregon Convention Center.
– For more great ideas on what to do this weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline.