Article of the Week:
“What to Expect from Memorial Day Sales,” by Louis Ramirez for Dealnews.com.
Monday, May 20th:
– Pre-Memorial Day celebration at Unitus Plaza in downtown Portland (SW 6th and Jefferson) with live music, free hot dogs and ice cream for all, 12:00pm – 1:00pm.
– 30 year anniversary celebration at Escape From New York Pizza with a free slice for everyone, hooray!
– History Pub presents â€œLand-Use Planning at Middle Age: Oregonâ€™s SB 100 Turns 40,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School. Free, all ages welcome.
Tuesday, May 21st:
– OMSI Science Pub presents â€œHanford Hazards: Cleaning Up Nuclear Waste,â€ 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. $5 suggested cover charge, minors admitted with adult or guardian.
– Guitarist Dorian Michael performs a free concert at the Tigard Public Library, 7:00pm.
– Author R. Gregory Nokes discusses his new book “Breaking Chains: Slavery on Trial in the Oregon Territory,” 7:00pm at the Lake Oswego Public Library, free.
– Kick Ass Oregon History presents “Oregon’s Infamous Heists and Safe Crackin,” 7:00pm at the Jack London Bar in downtown Portland. Free.
Wednesday, May 22nd:
– The Beaverton Winds Ensemble performs a free concert at the Beaverton City Library, 7:00pm.
– Meet Brazilian artists and twin brothers Gabriel BÃ¡ and FÃ¡bio Moon at Things From Another World on Broadway, 7:00pm – 10:00pm, includes free food and beer.
Thursday, May 23rd:
– SCI FI TV presents “Epic Space Battle Part One,” 7:30pm at the Hollywood Theater. $5 general admission for all ages.
– Powell’s book event with author Ryan McIlvain and his new book “Elders,” 7:30pm at Powell’s Book on Hawthorne, free.