Friday, May 24th:
– $7 gate admission: The Rose Festival’s CityFair opens at 5:00pm and the fireworks launch around 10:00pm.
– Free: Portland Art Museum offers free admission on the fourth Friday from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
– Free: Powell’s book event with author Laurie Notaro and her new book “The Potty Mouth at the Table,” 7:30pm at Powell’s Books on Burnside.
Saturday, May 25th:
– Free: VFX/PDX presents “Avenge of the Zombies,” 2:00pm – 4:00pm at NW Film Center’s Whitsell Auditorium. Click here to register for your free tickets.
– Free (suggested donation of $10): Oregon Wild Mosier Twin Tunnels Bicycle Tour and Wildflower I.D., 10:00am – 3:30pm.
Sunday, May 26th:
– Free (one-month trial) or just $7.99 per month: Arrested Development returns after seven long years! Watch the new season on Netflix and catch up with the hijinx of the Bluth family.
Monday, May 27th:
– Oregon Memorial Day events around the state, compiled by the Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
– Free: Zumiez Couch Tour, 12:30pm – 6:30pm at Clackamas Town Center features free games, prizes, music, giveaways, skateboarding, and more!
– $10 day pass or $15 for weekend pass: Wonder Northwest, Saturday and Sunday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Portland. From web site: “Wonder Northwest is an amalgamation of pop-culture subcultures. Here you will find regular folks co-mingling with super heroes, pirates, geeks, nerds, cosplayers, film enthusiasts, gamers and other nice people!”
– Free – $$ for tasting fees: Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country, Saturday – Monday at area wineries across the Willamette Valley.
– Free: Multnomah County Fair, Saturday – Monday at Oaks Amusement Park. Parking is free, guests are encouraged to bring in one food donation.
– Free (suggested donation of $10 – $20): Beaux Arts Club, an original comedy by Carol Triffle, plays 8:00pm Friday and Saturday at Imago Theatre.