Friday, May 31st:
– Free: The Beat Goes on Marching Band performs at Pioneer Courthouse Square, 12:00pm – 1:00pm. While there, also check out the Festival of Flowers.
– Free: Panda Express is giving away a free single serving of Orange Chicken from 9:00pm – close. Print the coupon or show it on your mobile device, while supplies last and limited to one per person per day.
Saturday, June 1st:
– Free: National Trails Day offers events that include hikes, biking and horseback rides, paddling trips, birdwatching, geocaching, gear demonstrations, stewardship projects and more. Please see web site for Oregon listings.
– Free: 15th annual State Parks Day offers free tent, RV, and horse camp sites and free day-use parking at state parks throughout Oregon.
– Submission from Glenn, free:
Help repaint the street mural at SE 15th and Alder, 10:00am – 3:00pm! Come for the day — or even for just half an hour. Meet neighbors and join in the fun. We’ll have music and an optional potluck lunch from 12-12:30pm. Kids always have a ball! Bring your favorite brush if you have one, but we will also have a supply. This event is brought to you by the Buckman Community Association Sustainability Committee.
– Free: Library lecture “It’s Tomorrow! Overcoming Procrastination,” 10:30am – 12:30pm at the Midland Library.
– Free: 10th annual Portland Buddhist Festival in the Park, 11:00am – 4:00pm at Colonel Summers Park in SE Portland.
– Free: JassTwoPlusOne performs a summer kickoff concert at the Tigard Public Library, 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
– Free: Summer Reading Kick-Off Carnival at the Tualatin Public Library, 1:00pm – 4:00pm with carnival games, face painting, magic, prizes, and more
– Free: Rose Festival Starlight Parade, 8:30pm in downtown Portland, please see web site for parade route.
Sunday, June 2nd:
– $2 general admission: OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am – 5:30pm.
– Free: PSU Archaeology Roadshow, 11:00am – 3:00pm at the OMSI auditorium.
– Free: Grand Opening Celebration of the Hillsboro Public Library, 12:00pm – 6:00pm with live music, performances, refreshments, kids activities and more.
– Free: Library workshop “Saving for a Sunny Day: Budgeting for the Things You Want,” 3:00pm – 4:00pm at the Capitol Hill Library.
– Submission from Karen, free: First annual Resistance Ecology Conference, Friday – Sunday inside the Smith Memorial Student Union at Portland State University. There will be speakers, panels, and workshops occurring all three days.
– $12 evening pass, $20 weekend pass: Cinema Pub Presents Sci Fi / CSI “Debunking the depiction of crime in film and television,” 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. 21 and over only, Friday – Sunday.
– Free: Bank of America’s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum and the Portland Children’s Museum this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– Free: Wilsonville Festival of Arts, Saturday and Sunday at Wilsonville’s Town Center Park. Features artists, performances, authors, vendors and more.