Friday, May 31st:
– Free: The Beat Goes on Marching Band performs at Pioneer Courthouse Square, 12:00pm – 1:00pm. While there, also check out the Festival of Flowers.
– Free: Panda Express is giving away a free single serving of Orange Chicken from 9:00pm – close. Print the coupon or show it on your mobile device, while supplies last and limited to one per person per day.
Saturday, June 1st:
– Free: National Trails Day offers events that include hikes, biking and horseback rides, paddling trips, birdwatching, geocaching, gear demonstrations, stewardship projects and more. Please see web site for Oregon listings.
– Free: 15th annual State Parks Day offers free tent, RV, and horse camp sites and free day-use parking at state parks throughout Oregon.
– Submission from Glenn, free:
Help repaint the street mural at SE 15th and Alder, 10:00am – 3:00pm! Come for the day — or even for just half an hour. Meet neighbors and join in the fun. We’ll have music and an optional potluck lunch from 12-12:30pm. Kids always have a ball! Bring your favorite brush if you have one, but we will also have a supply. This event is brought to you by the Buckman Community Association Sustainability Committee.
– Free: Library lecture “It’s Tomorrow! Overcoming Procrastination,” 10:30am – 12:30pm at the Midland Library.
– Free: 10th annual Portland Buddhist Festival in the Park, 11:00am – 4:00pm at Colonel Summers Park in SE Portland.
– Free: JassTwoPlusOne performs a summer kickoff concert at the Tigard Public Library, 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
– Free: Summer Reading Kick-Off Carnival at the Tualatin Public Library, 1:00pm – 4:00pm with carnival games, face painting, magic, prizes, and more
– Free: Rose Festival Starlight Parade, 8:30pm in downtown Portland, please see web site for parade route.
Sunday, June 2nd:
– $2 general admission: OMSI discounted admission, explore the museum for only $2 per person the first Sunday of every month. 9:30am â€“ 5:30pm.
– Free: PSU Archaeology Roadshow, 11:00am – 3:00pm at the OMSI auditorium.
– Free: Grand Opening Celebration of the Hillsboro Public Library, 12:00pm – 6:00pm with live music, performances, refreshments, kids activities and more.
– Free: Library workshop “Saving for a Sunny Day: Budgeting for the Things You Want,” 3:00pm – 4:00pm at the Capitol Hill Library.
– Submission from Karen, free: First annual Resistance Ecology Conference, Friday – Sunday inside the Smith Memorial Student Union at Portland State University. There will be speakers, panels, and workshops occurring all three days.
– $12 evening pass, $20 weekend pass: Cinema Pub Presents Sci Fi / CSI â€œDebunking the depiction of crime in film and television,â€ 7:00pm at McMenamins Mission Theater. 21 and over only, Friday – Sunday.
– Free: Bank of Americaâ€™s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum and the Portland Childrenâ€™s Museum this Saturday and Sunday. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– Free: Wilsonville Festival of Arts, Saturday and Sunday at Wilsonville’s Town Center Park. Features artists, performances, authors, vendors and more.