Friday, June 7th:
– Free: It’s National Doughnut Day and Krispy Kreme is celebrating by offering up a free doughnut of any variety, no purchase necessary.
– Free: Transportation seminar “Inaccessible Accessibility: Low-Income Households and Barriers to the New American Dream,” 12:00pm – 1:00pm in room 204 of the Distance Learning Center Wing of the Urban Center at PSU.
– Free: Target First Friday offers free admission to the Portland Childrenâ€™s Museum from 4:00pm â€“ 8:00pm.
– Free: Central Eastside Arts District First Friday art opening receptions, 6:00pm â€“ 9:00pm.
– Free: Ladies Night at Things From Another World, 7:00pm – 10:00pm, get to know your local female comics community! Free food and beverage.
Saturday, June 8th:
– Free: REI Used Gear Sale — they’ve changed the name to the ‘Members Only Garage Sale,’ but it’s still the same event of getting quality gear at a bargain basement price. 9:00am – 2:00pm in Tualatin, 9:00am – 4:00pm in Portland, 9:00am – 4:00pm in Hillsboro, and 10:00am – 4:00pm in Clackamas.
– Free: Library program “Name That Tree! Get to Know the Trees in Your Neighborhood,” 11:00am – 12:30pm at the Midland library.
– Free: Library program “Managing Your Financial Aid,” 11:00am – 12:00pm at the Capitol Hill library.
– Free: Library program “Intuition: Don’t Leave Home Without It!,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Belmont library.
– Free: Recess presents “Latino Art NOW” opening block street party, 3:00pm – 8:00pm with live music, art, dance performance and more.
Sunday, June 9th:
– $5 adults, free for 17 and under: $5 5k Series, presented by Portland Parks and Recreation, 9:00am start time at Lents Park.
– Free: Live swing music performance by Dean, 2:00pm – 3:30pm at the Beaverton City Library auditorium.
– Free: Library musical program “A Musical Conversation between 2 Jazz Guitars,” 2:00pm – 3:00pm at the Midland library.
– Free: Library program “Itâ€™s Not Just About the Piggy Bank: Teaching Your Kids About Money,” 2:00pm at the Northwest library.
– Rose Festival highlights: Grand Floral Parade, Dragon Boat races, art show, milk carton boat races and City Fair.
– Pedalpalooza highlights: free breakfast treats on the bridges, guided bike rides, scavenger hunt, art show, free live music performances, Zoo Bomb ride, World Nake Bike Ride and more.
– For more ideas on what to do this very sunny weekend, please visit Aroundthesunblog and PDXPipeline!