We are one month into the 2015 new year, here are some highlights for this month’s savings. For a complete list of things to do, please visit our Google calendar.
Article of the Month:
“The Best and Worst Things to Buy in February,” by Dealnews.com.
– Free: 2015 Cascade Festival of African Films, most films played at PCC Cascade, please see web site for complete schedule.
– Free: Bank of America’s Museums on Us program offers free admission to the Portland Art Museum, the Portland Children’s Museum and the Japanese Garden. To qualify for Museums on Us, customers must present their Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID to gain free general admission.
– $12 adult admission: 2015 Portland Auto Show, Thursday February 5th – Sunday February 8th at the Oregon Convention Center. $3 off discount coupons are valid for all day Thursday and until 3:00pm on Friday. Get the coupons in the Oregonian newspaper or check Oregonlive.com.
– Free: The One Motorcycle Show 2015, Friday February 13th – Sunday February 15th
– $10 family admission: Northwest Family & Kids Festival, Saturday February 14th & Sunday February 15th
– $10 general admission: 68th Annual Portland Home and Garden Show, Thursday February 19th – Sunday February 22nd. On Thursday and Friday, get 2-for-1 admission with the IKEA family rewards card.
– $9.50 adult admission: Lan Su Chinese Garden Chinese New Year festivities and programming, Thursday February 19th – Thursday March 6th.
Sunday, February 1st:
– Superbowl! If you are not watching at home or at someone else’s party, then take in the big game for free at OMSI’s huge IMAX theater, McMenamins Kennedy School, Hillaboro’s Venetian Theater, Big Al’s, area Buffalo Wild Wings (cover charge) or your favorite local watering hole. For even more listings, the Oregonian has compiled even more places to watch the big game.
– $2: OMSI first Sunday event offers general admission to all for only $2.
– Free: Portland Opera Preview of Carmen, 2pm at the Multnomah County Central Library.
Monday, February 2nd:
– Oregon History 101, free, 7:00pm at McMenamins Kennedy School.
Tuesday, February 3rd:
– Free: Hillsboro First Tuesday opening exhibits, 5:00pm – 6:30pm in downtown Hillsboro. Check it out at the Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center and the Sequoia Gallery + Studios.
Saturday, February 7th:
– Free: Kaiser Permanente Community Dental Care Clinic, 8:00am – 1:00pm, first come first served, please see web site for locations.
– Free: Beaverton Wind Ensemble presents their Winter Concert, featuring the music of Classic Masters II, 1:00pm at the Beaverton City Library Auditorium.
Monday, February 9th:
– Free: PCPA Noontime Showcase presents Portland Opera To Go, 12:00pm at Antoinette Hatfield Hall.
Tuesday, February 10th:
– $4: Oregon Zoo second Tuesday offers $4 admission for all. Ride public transit, show proof of fare and receive an additional $1.50 off.
Saturday, February 14th:
– Free: Admission to the Oregon Historical Society is free all day as part of Oregon Statehood Day, 10:00am – 5:00pm. Birthday Cake served at noon.
– Free: Zwickelmania, the free statewide event that offers visitors a chance to tour Oregon breweries, meet the brewers and sample your favorite beers! 11:00am – 4:00pm.
Monday, February 16th:
– Free: Admission to the Japanese Garden is free for all, 10:00am – 4:00pm.
Saturday, February 21st:
Free: 28th annual Fix-It-Fair, 9:30am – 3:00pm at David Douglas High School.
Friday, February 27th:
– Free: Portland Art Museum Free Fourth Friday, admission is free for everyone from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.